Do we need this?
- Free browser toolbar
- Old fashioned
BuySafe might have made sense when e-commerce was young, but in 2008 it seems somewhat anachronistic.
BuySafe.com rates e-commerce sites for security and privacy features, and offers merchants that it deems to be up to snuff the option of offering BuySafe's bonding service.
Basically, the service is a guarantee-good for up to $US25,000 and backed by the likes of Liberty Mutual and Travelers Insurance-that the e-tailer will meet all of its obligations on a sale.
BuySafe is a US-only service right now. But that's okay, because it all seems a bit 1999. We can live without it.
BuySafe must be paid for either by the merchant or by the consumer as an extra-cost option, and seems designed to reassure people about shopping at small, obscure sites. But we're not overly impressed. We've shopped on all sorts of sites for years now (none Buysafe bonded) and have never run into serious trouble.
A more interesting development at BuySafe is a free browser toolbar (though it works only with version 5 or later of IE). The BuySafe Shopping Advisor toolbar provides information on key secure shopping features for all US e-commerce sites (not just BuySafe merchants) that appear in search engine results.
After we installed the beta, some search results on Google, MSN, and Yahoo sported BuySafe ratings in the form of one to four check marks.
Clicking a toolbar button shows the top-rated sites: for example, Shoes.com, Zappos, Victoria's Secret, and Amazon topped the list when we Googled for espadrilles. None is BuySafe-bonded.
A Safe Shopping Results button lets you search BuySafe merchants for the same keywords. But results in my tests suggested skimpy merchandise offerings: with our espadrilles search, the lead item was a Barbie doll with espadrille sandals.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Trend Micro Strengthens its Security Offerings in Trend Micro Security
- Billions of devices at risk as Bluetooth-bourne vulnerability exposed
- Here's the Apple macOS High Sierra release date
- Adobe and Microsoft expand productivity partnership
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTAgile CoachOther
- CCProgram Manager - TelcoVIC
- FTSAED CoordinatorOther
- FTSCRUM Master, CXOther
- FTSenior Java EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Software Developer - Java/J2EE/Micro servicesOther
- FTWorkforce Planning AnalystOther
- CCSenior Network EngineerVIC
- CCLead Business Project ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - C++ and NodeQLD
- FTApplication Security Specialist - penetration testing requiredOther
- CCNetwork Automation EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Technical Support EngineerACT
- FTSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTProject Support Officer (Part Time)SA
- FTSoftware Engineer - Leading TelcoOther
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectNSW