From the Book of Saw will be in cinemas on May 13
Bush BR20DAB digital radio
This Bush digital radio is curvy, black and sexy
- Very attractive design, great sound quality, appealing price
- No alarm clock, bass boost causes muffled audio at high volumes
Overall we are very pleased with the Bush BR20DAB digital radio: it has a reasonable price and good sound quality.
Price$ 179.00 (AUD)
The Bush BR20DAB is the latest in a line of great digital radios to be released in the lead-up to Christmas.
This digital radio is curvy, black and sexy. The whole front panel is a mesh-covered speaker, leaving the top panel for the touch button navigation controls. It has a glossy black finish as well as a chrome handle on the top.
Overall the sound quality is good; the treble and mid tones are even and there is a bass boost system to give the low frequencies more kick. When the volume is turned up, there is hardly any distortion at all in the 1.5W RMS speakers. However the bass boost (if turned on while the volume is turned up) can muffle the sound slightly.
Priced at $179, the BR20DAB is cheaper than other digital radios on the market, and we believe that you get a lot more for your money than you do with similarly priced radios like the Philips AE5320. You can plug in an MP3 player through the auxiliary input port on the side, allowing you to use the radio as a speaker. The BR20DAB picks up both DAB+ and FM frequencies and you can also store up to 20 station presets. It should also be noted that even with the antenna down the radio has excellent reception.
The touch panel controls are responsive and it is easy to navigate using the two-line LCD display, which is bright and easy to read. The top panel of the radio is illuminated with electric blue LEDs allowing the user to easily see which buttons do what.
The Bush BR20DAB is easy to take with you; although it requires six C batteries, it still remains relatively light and the build quality is sturdy enough for you to take it to a picnic without worrying too much about it breaking. The Bush BR20DAB automatically updates the time via the digital radio service, sweetening the deal — no more fiddling around trying to reset things when daylight savings comes round! Unfortunately there’s no alarm clock, which we found a tad annoying. Ultimately we were impressed both by the attractive design and the performance of this digital radio.
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @Goodgearguide
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Razer Naga Trinity review: The last best MMO gaming mouse
- 2 Dynabook Portégé X30W-J – a very good all-rounder
- 3 Google Pixel 5 Review: Soft Reboot
- 4 Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- 5 Samsung Galaxy Z Flip review: Killer form-factor, lethal price-tag
Latest News Articles
- Settings in iOS 10: Every notable change you need to know
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Toshiba's new SSD line features rock-bottom pricing
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
PCW Evaluation Team
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
- The Federal Budget 2021-22: Australia's technology wins
- Best Android and Apple phones for under $600
- Small phone lovers rejoice: The Asus Zenfone 8 is a fantastic option
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies