Bush BCR26DABIP DAB+ digital radio
This Bush clock radio incorporates an iPod/iPhone dock
- Good audio quality, supports all iPods and iPhones
- Annoying to set up, not particularly user friendly, collects finger prints
The Bush BCR26DABIP digital radio/iPod dock performs well, though it's slightly pricey for what you get.
Price$ 179.00 (AUD)
The Bush BCR26DABIP is a tabletop DAB+ digital radio that can also receive FM broadcasts and play music from your Apple iPod or Apple iPhone. It has a programmable alarm clock with a variable schedule that allows it to be set for weekdays only — useful for waking up for work.
Bush BCR26DABIP: First impressions
When you unpack the Bush BCR26DABIP, do yourself a favour and read the operating manual — the set-up process is not particularly user friendly. Unlike digital radios such as the Pure EVOKE Mio, the Bush BCR26DABIP doesn’t automatically set the date and time when you switch it on. This is irritating, especially since the radio has to be in its standby mode to make changes — we wouldn't have realised this without the help of the manual.
At first, we couldn't get the Bush BCR26DABIP to pick up a DAB signal; every time we selected a station we received a 'station unavailable' message. After a few minutes of navigating through menu options we found a 'prune' option, which removes stations that are not active or cannot be received. After we pruned the BCR26DABIP's station list we rescanned and found every digital radio station correctly. While this was a relatively painless process, it was more confusing than we were expecting — the manual came in handy again.
Bush BCR26DABIP: Design
The Bush BCR26DABIP digital radio looks like most other bedside table clock radios: it is capsule shaped, with 12 navigational buttons arranged on its top, plus a large snooze button. On the digital radio's left hand side is a dual-line LCD screen that shows signal strength, time and date, and other information.
We were expecting better build quality given the Bush BCR26DABIP's $179 recommended retail price. The glossy black finish is similar to many other Apple iPod or iPhone docks, but the plastic felt cheap and flimsy and we don't think it would survive an accidental fall from a bedside table. We found this to be a bit of a let-down considering the sturdier build quality of other Bush radios like the Bush BR20DAB.
Bush BCR26DABIP: Performance
Disappointments in design and setup aside, the Bush BCR26DABIP clock radio functions well. The small 1W mono speaker handles audio surprisingly well; even at maximum volume distortion is minimal. Bass notes are slightly muffled and unclear, though.
The Bush BCR26DABIP can easily fill a room with clear and audible music, whether it's from your iPod or a digital radio station. We also found the alarm function worked well. The Bush BCR26DABIP comes with a built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery, — this means the Bush BCR26DABIP will survive a blackout with your alarm settings intact, and also means it is possible to take the radio outdoors to listen to music. An auxiliary port in the back of the unit allows for non-Apple MP3 players to be plugged in.
Bush BCR26DABIP: Conclusion
As an iPod dock, digital radio and alarm clock, the Bush BCR26DABIP does its job well. However, we believe the set-up process could have been easier, and we would have liked a better quality plastic body.
Become a fan of GoodGearGuide on Facebook
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Sonos reveals Sonos One, an Alexa-enabled speaker that will support AirPlay 2 and Google Assistant
- Bose Introduces Tiny New Bluetooth Speaker
- iPhone X, Apple Watch Series 3 and Apple TV 4K: Everything Announced At Today’s Apple Keynote
- Sony launches MUTEKI V90DW High Power Audio System
- Plex Cloud is now open to all paid users
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- iPhone 8
- Canon 6D MK II: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCMessageQueue/DataPower AdministratorVIC
- TPPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantACT
- CCBusiness Analyst ? Digital ProgramQLD
- TPProject Director - Cloud - Qld HealthQLD
- TPICT TechnicianVIC
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCProcess Specialist-Lean Six SigmaNSW
- FTNetwork Designer - $725 per dayOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - AMLOther
- FTDomain ArchitectOther
- CCProcess Specialist-Lean Six SigmaNSW
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorWA
- CCRF Engineer - Melbourne Based, Start ASAPVIC
- CCFunctional TesterVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Logistics/TransportOther
- CCPartner Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTAdministration Support/CoordinationOther
- FTJunior-Mid level Technical Software Support/Project CoordinatorQLD
- CCProject SchedulerWA
- FTSenior Project ManagerACT