BullGuard Australia Backup 8.0
- Great value, easy to use, 10GB of storage
- No detailed configuration options (but this isn't much of a problem for most users)
We had reservations about the first release of BullGuard Backup, not so much because of the software which was a delight to use, but the rather stingy storage provision. Now that Bullguard has addressed this issue, BullGuard Backup 8.0 comes highly recommended.
Price$ 60.00 (AUD)
BullGuard Backup 8.0 is the second generation of Bullguard's off-site storage app. And with 10GB of online storage included, it's excellent value.
Off-site storage used to be an esoteric (and expensive) task restricted to corporate users with an extensive network. The rapid growth of broadband now helps to make this a market open to all computer users.
Despite its name, BullGuard Backup 8.0 is actually the second release of this utility as standalone software (originating in Bullguard Internet Security).
Much in BullGuard Backup 8.0 is similar to the first release, but there is one extremely important improvement: whereas previously users had to pay extra to obtain storage larger than a gigabyte, now a 10GB drive is included in the price. This means that although the price has risen slightly, it's actually much better value.
BullGuard Backup 8.0 now also allows you to perform scheduled backups to removable devices such as USB sticks or external hard drives. The interface has not changed much, but this is no bad thing. For the vast majority of people, the ability to identify the part of your hard drive you want to duplicate and then run scheduled backups with a couple of clicks is ideal for ensuring the task is completed. There are a few options to tinker with, but this is very much an install and forget procedure.
Files are compressed before being transferred to the online drive, thus reducing upload speed for certain files, and BullGuard Backup 8.0 works when the PC is idle to try and minimise the performance hit. If you require it, you can purchase a 15GB online drive for storing videos and other media, but the standard BullGuard Backup 8.0 package will be sufficient for most people. The fact that the licence can also be run on three home computers makes it even more appealing.
There is not much you can do with BullGuard Backup 8.0 in terms of configuring backups beyond selecting directories and schedules, but again this is a bonus rather than a hassle, and means you are much more likely to protect your files online.
Join the newsletter!
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Apple iPhone X
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
cloudandco Smart Cane
Toys for Boys
Bose SoundLink Micro
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Xbox One X
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
- Amazon confirms early 2018 Australian launch for Alexa and Echo
- JBL join smart speaker arena with the portable, waterproof and (Google-powered) JBL Link range
- University of Sydney Signs World-First Agreement with Dropbox
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSystems Engineer (data centre)Other
- CCApplication Support Analyst - Level 2QLD
- CCApplication Developer - Sterling IntegratorVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager x 2 (Infrastructure)NSW
- FTPublishing Specialist - TelecommunicationOther
- FTData warehouse SpecialistOther
- TPBusiness Intelligence Analyst|Software DeveloperQLD
- FTJava J2EE DeveloperOther
- FTSales ManagerVIC
- FTLevel 2 Desktop Support EngineerOther
- CCAutomation Test AnalystNSW
- FTCountry Manager - Business DevelopmentOther
- FTGateway Architect - perm / contractACT
- FTField Service EngineerOther
- CCRPG Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTLead PHP DeveloperQLD
- FTSQL DeveloperACT
- CCIT Cloud EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Designer - Citrix/AWSOther
- TPSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Software EngineerNSW
- FTDigital BAOther
- FTService Manager - Solution ArchitectOther
- FTEnterprise Architect - ApplicationsOther
- FTBusiness Analyst | Gold CoastQLD