Buffalo Technology AirStation MIMO WZR-G108
- MIMO support
- Nothing of note
This router is recommended if you want a stable and far-reaching wireless network.
Price$ 279.00 (AUD)
If you want to implement a far-reaching and speedy Wi-Fi network, a MIMO-capable (multiple-in, multiple-out antenna technology) router is currently your best option, and Buffalo's AirStation MIMO WZR-G108 is worth considering.
It's a 4-port router that can be used to distribute an ADSL or a cable Internet connection and it can provide a theoretical throughput of up to 108Mbps (13.5MBps) for wireless transmissions by using two radio channels.
The router's wireless speed was tested over short and medium distances by transferring a 717MB video file from a file server to a wireless notebook using a Buffalo AirStation MIMO WLI-CB G108 PC Card adapter. At a distance of 1.5m without any walls or other obstacles, an average throughput of 3.79MBps was achieved. At a distance of 10m through a double-brick wall, the same file averaged a throughput of 3.61MBps. Multiple transfers recorded similar times in our tests. In fact the router streamed video comfortably at up to 30m away and you can still browse the Internet at up to 50m.
The router supports the latest encryption algorithms, and we used WPA (Wi-Fi protected access) and AES (advanced encryption system) in our tests. Additionally, the router supports AOSS (AirStation One-Touch Secure System), which is a Buffalo-specific feature that can automatically, at the touch of one button, enable the highest available security for your wireless network. The router has all the networking features expected in this price range, including an easy to access event log. It was very stable during continuous tests while distributing an ADSL connection across three computers.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Synology announces slew of new hardware + software at Sydney event
- Linksys signs on as PAX AUS partner
- NETGEAR 4G LTE Modem Keeps You Online
- ASUSTOR and Seagate Technology Bring IronWolf Health Management to ASUSTOR NAS
- NBN hooks up 6 million homes and businesses
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPIT Business AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Reporting AnalystOther
- CCTech PM - SecurityNSW
- FTProject Coordiantor - Warehouse and Supply Chain ManagementOther
- CCWindows 10 Deployment TechnicianWA
- FTCoordinator X2 - Construction, Transport, RailOther
- FTMid-Level Project Manager - IP and Voice ProductsOther
- CCCICD ArchitectVIC
- FTData EngineerOther
- CCSenior Workbrain Functional Expert - Brisbane BasedVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCDevOps Developer (Brisbane Location)NSW
- FTProgram Director - Financial ServicesOther
- FTSolutions Architect - Higher EducationOther
- FTTest Analyst / Engineer (Cloud / O365 migration)Other
- FTSenior Systems Engineer/Veeam SpecialistOther
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- TPStrategic Procurement OfficerQLD
- FTRobotic Process Automation DeveloperOther
- CCCRM DeveloperWA
- CCPlanning & Prioritisation Manager - TelcoVIC
- FTProject CoordinatorACT
- FTEnterprise Architect - ApplicationsOther
- FTTest Lead - Automation (energy and metering sector)Other
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Digital MortgagesNSW