Buffalo Technology AirStation MIMO WZR-G108
- MIMO support
- Nothing of note
This router is recommended if you want a stable and far-reaching wireless network.
Price$ 279.00 (AUD)
If you want to implement a far-reaching and speedy Wi-Fi network, a MIMO-capable (multiple-in, multiple-out antenna technology) router is currently your best option, and Buffalo's AirStation MIMO WZR-G108 is worth considering.
It's a 4-port router that can be used to distribute an ADSL or a cable Internet connection and it can provide a theoretical throughput of up to 108Mbps (13.5MBps) for wireless transmissions by using two radio channels.
The router's wireless speed was tested over short and medium distances by transferring a 717MB video file from a file server to a wireless notebook using a Buffalo AirStation MIMO WLI-CB G108 PC Card adapter. At a distance of 1.5m without any walls or other obstacles, an average throughput of 3.79MBps was achieved. At a distance of 10m through a double-brick wall, the same file averaged a throughput of 3.61MBps. Multiple transfers recorded similar times in our tests. In fact the router streamed video comfortably at up to 30m away and you can still browse the Internet at up to 50m.
The router supports the latest encryption algorithms, and we used WPA (Wi-Fi protected access) and AES (advanced encryption system) in our tests. Additionally, the router supports AOSS (AirStation One-Touch Secure System), which is a Buffalo-specific feature that can automatically, at the touch of one button, enable the highest available security for your wireless network. The router has all the networking features expected in this price range, including an easy to access event log. It was very stable during continuous tests while distributing an ADSL connection across three computers.
Join the newsletter!
Brought to you by Norton Symantec
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Telstra looks to extend wireless coverage in the home with new Smart Wi-Fi Booster
- Telstra upgrade existing customers and introduce Smart Modem with 4G Mobile Backup
- D-Link Gets Smart at Mobile World Congress 2018
- Netgear announces local availability for Nighthawk X4S Wi-Fi extender
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By Netgear
PCW Evaluation Team
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
- ASUS ROG Zephyrus M review: Leaner and meaner
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- Picture Perfect: OPPO prepare their boldest smartphone yet
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCC ProgrammerACT
- CCiOS Developer - Brisbane locationQLD
- CCApplications Packaging EngineerWA
- CCApplication Support Developer - .Net & SQLWA
- TPChange Management OfficerQLD
- FTIT Project ManagerOther
- CCSalesforce Developer - Telco ClientVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager | Process & SystemsQLD
- FTTechnical LeadQLD
- CCWebmethods DeveloperVIC
- FTOrganisational Change Manager, ImplementationOther
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCData Warehouse Project Manager - Start June 18QLD
- FTProject Coordinator l PMONSW
- CCiOS Developer - Brisbane locationNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSnr MS SQL Developer- Australian only- security clearanceOther
- FTSAP Test AnalystsOther
- FTFull stack DeveloperNSW
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTSystems Engineer (Office 365 )Other
- FTTechnical WriterOther
- FTDesktop Support AnalystOther
- FTProcurement sales managerOther