Broderbund MediaShop TunePlus
- User interface, Ease of setup, Features list
- Not compatible with Mac OSX
At this price, Mediashop TunePlus is a bargain. It offers plenty of features that are normally only possible by using multiple third party programs and comes highly recommended.
Price$ 19.95 (AUD)
Have you ever wanted to copy your music directly from your iPod to your PC, but have been hindered by the lack of this functionality in iTunes? If you answered yes, then you should definately check out Broderbund MediaShop TunePlus. iTunes may be intuitive and user friendly but it lacks most of the features this program provides.
Mediashop TunePlus is a software package for your iPod which allows you to copy tracks directly from your iPod, syncronise Microsoft Outlook contacts, back up valuable files and download podcasts from any website you wish; all tasks that have previously been difficult to do without multiple third party applications.
Mediashop TunePlus is compatible with all iPod's, including the iPod shuffle (1st Generation). Set up is relatively easy; install the software and then connect your iPod to your PC. Mediashop TunePlus then takes you through a step-by-step guide to set-up your iPod for use with the software. The program is simple to use thanks to a well laid out design and uncluttered interface.
The main functions of the software are provided in a horizontal bar beneath the toolbar at the top of the interface. There are menus for Info, Songs, Backup, Notepad, Calendar, Contacts, Mail, Notes, Tasks, News, Movies, Podcasts, Horoscopes and Weather. These are all easily accessible, with convenient icons ensuring usability remains a key factor throughout.
Undoubtedly the best of TunePlus' features is the ability to copy music straight from your player onto your computer. To select songs, all you do is mark the tracks you need to transfer and then click Actions from the song browser window, then select Copy Music. It really is a remarkably simple process and we can't give the program enough credit in this regard.
TunePlus is built using a plug-in framework. Each TunePlus plug-in provides a specific piece of functionality. Using the plug-ins framework, you can customise TunePlus so it only loads the plug-ins you want to use. These can be changed at any time using the Plug-In Selection menu and if you only use a handful of functions that TunePlus provides, this will speed up your experience with the software.
Other notable functions that TunePlus provides include automatically organising your files for burning to CDs and DVDs, synchronising Microsoft Outlook contacts, calendar, emails, tasks, and notes and backing up your files. The biggest disappointment is the lack of support for Mac OS X which we found very frustrating.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Optimizely expands its enterprise-focused offerings
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- Moto X4 review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBusiness Analyst - Accounting / Financial DataOther
- CCETL DeveloperNSW
- TPIT Security EngineerQLD
- FTJava DevelopersSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSAP Operations AnalystOther
- FTIntegration Specialist / DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Test Engineer - Telecom domainVIC
- TPICT Infrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- FTIT Security Assurance AnalystOther
- FTPersonal AssistantSA
- CCData Business AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager - IT RecruitmentOther
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Business Case - Risk & Compliance - ContractNSW
- FTNet DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Test Engineer - Insurance domainVIC
- FTSERVICE DESK - ENTRY LEVELSA
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst - HR SystemsOther
- FTSenior EAM ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCTech PM - SecurityNSW
- FTIT Rollout TechnicianSA
- FTMessage Queue / DataPower AdministratorACT
- CCSAP HR / Payroll AnalystWA
- FTERP Consultant - Project SystemsQLD