Boris FX Continuum Complete 5
More than 180 filters
- Huge range of flexible tools, all work as FxPlug, Pixel Chooser and Motion Tracker
- Many filters replicate AE’s own
Overall, the quality of BCC’s filters is high and there is a range of parameters for each effect, but it lacks the on-screen controls of many of Sapphire’s filters, and its lighting tools aren’t as extensive. Editors, especially, will find much here to like.
Price$ 1,133.00 (AUD)
Boasting over 180 filters, Boris Continuum Complete (BCC) covers many bases, including traditional image processors, texture and animation generators, and compositional tools covering areas like keying and motion tracking.
Many of these filters replicate functions found in After Effects CS3, but for users of less filter-heavy editing and compositing tools, BCC 5 is definitely worth exploring. It’s available in AE, FxPlug and AVX versions (though these have to be purchased separately) and supports a wide range of hosts. Unlike some collections, all of BCC 5’s filters have been ported to Apple’s FxPlug, so can take advantage of Final Cut and Motion’s real-time engines.
The filters within BCC are split into seven groups: Colour & Blurs, Distortion & Perspective, Generators, Keys & Matte, Lights, Time, and Wipes. There’s also a separate group for the ten OpenGL-accelerated plug-ins, which use your computer’s graphics card to boost preview rendering performance.
Two useful tools built into all of the filters are the Pixel Chooser and Motion Tracker. The former enables you limit filters to areas of your composition using AE’s own masking tools — you can use its own cropping tool, but this doesn’t allow feathering.
The Motion Tracker is based on the high-grade tracker from the Boris Blue and Red compositing tools — though it can only track one point at a time, and in 2D only. The Match Mover filter uses the tracker, and can quickly replace areas such as signs in moving footage.
Supported hosts: After Effects 7/CS3, Combustion 3/4/2008, Final Cut Pro 6, Media Composer 2.6/3, Motion 3, Premiere Pro 1.5/2/CS3
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Optimizely expands its enterprise-focused offerings
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTApplication Support HP ALMACT
- TPData AnalystVIC
- TPSystem TesterQLD
- CCIT Service Operations Lead ? Financial Services - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior Applications EngineerNSW
- FTiMIS EngineerOther
- CCBI AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Banking and FinanceOther
- CCChange SpecialistQLD
- FTProject Co-OrdinatorOther
- TPKnowledge AnalystVIC
- CCDevOps Developer (Brisbane Location)VIC
- FTEAI DeveloperACT
- CCPricing AdministratorVIC
- FTSystems AnalystsOther
- FTSenior Network Engineer - CCNP or CCIEOther
- FTEnterprise Architect - Security (ICT Transformation)Other
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure SMENSW
- FTIT Desktop ManagerOther
- FTMarketing Communications ManagerOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTTest AnalystOther
- CCRF Engineer - Melbourne Based, Start ASAPVIC
- FTJunior DeveloperQLD