- Excellent design, Dual microphone, Voice Isolation Technology, Shirt clip, Reasonable battery life
- The voice warning which informs of changes isolation settings overpowers your conversation
The BlueAnt Z9 offers a number of enticing features and provides a crisp and clear way to take your mobile calls wirelessly, making it one of the best Bluetooth headsets on the market.
Price$ 129.00 (AUD)
Sporting a stylish design, unique Voice Isolation Technology, dual microphones, and a clip that attaches to your shirt or tie when not in use, BlueAnt's hotly anticipated Z9 Bluetooth headset certainly doesn't disappoint. It's without a doubt one of the best Bluetooth headsets on the market, combining a compact and attractive design with excellent voice quality and noise isolation.
The Z9 offers a number of unique features, the best of which is undoubtedly BlueAnt's patented Voice Isolation Technology, which allows Z9 users the choice between two modes of Voice Isolation - standard and max. The former is for normal everyday environments, such as in the home or office, while the latter should be used in noisy areas, such as driving in busy city traffic. These modes are easily switched during a conversation by pressing the multifunction button (MFB); a voice lets you know what mode you are in, either "voice isolation max", or "voice isolation standard".
We are pleased to say the technology works extremely well, achieving crisp and clear conversation when using the max voice isolation setting in a noisy environment. The Z9 also uses dual microphones. BlueAnt even goes so far to say it offers "pure speech". We are inclined to agree, as our conversations were largely loud, crisp and clear. Further, the Z9 handles wind noise well, and does an excellent job of echo cancellation too. Our only complaint is the voice informing you each time you change the isolation mode; while it plays, you can't hear your caller, although this only lasts for two or three seconds, so it isn't a massive issue.
Design wise, the Z9 is an excellent piece of craftsmanship. It measures just 41mm x 17.5.mm x 11.2mm and weighs only 11g. The gloss black finish does attract fingerprints, but creates a stylish aesthetic. Combined with the translucent, detachable ear hook (which can be worn on both ears) and soft rubber casing around the speaker, the Z9 sits comfortably in your ear and isn't annoying to wear for long periods. The etched BlueAnt logo and flashing LED surrounding the MFB buttons are also a nice touch, as is the built in clip on the rear; it neatly clips onto a tie, shirt or blouse when the headset is not in use.
Like most of these devices, using the Z9 is pretty straight forward. It can pair with up to three phones, and uses what BlueAnt calls 'On-the-Fly' switching, making it easy to change between multiple devices. Turning on the pairing mode is as easy as holding the MFB down for six seconds. Once paired, functions are simple and easy; click the MFB to answer a call, and hold it for three seconds to end a call. Reject an incoming call by holding the MFB for three seconds when your phone is ringing, and redial your last number by holding the volume up button for three seconds. Additional functions include activating voice dialling (provided this is supported by your phone), transferring a call from the headset to your phone, muting the microphone, activating call waiting and holding a conference call. The Z9 can also assign different ring-tones for known and unknown contacts.
The Z9 has a reasonable, but not outstanding 5.5 hrs talk-time and 200 hrs standby. Conveniently, BlueAnt includes both a USB cable (for charging via a PC or notebook) and an AC adapter. There are also two spare ear hooks, and this is quite convenient as they can be easily lost when removed. To top off the package, the Z9 comes with a two year replacement warranty for extra piece of mind.
Join the newsletter!
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Toys for Boys
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Bose SoundLink Micro
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Xbox One X
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Belkin Introduces USB-C 3.1 Express Dock HD
- Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10 Will Come To Australia
- Boost Mobile Doubles Data Offering With New Summer Plans
- BlackBerry KEYone Black Launches in Australia
- HTC U11 Plus latest rumours: Release date, price and specs
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review: A port worthy of PC gaming's mightiest rigs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantACT
- TPBusiness Intelligence AnalystQLD
- FTIT Service DeskSA
- TPProject ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Intelligence SpecialistNSW
- CCAdvisory Project Manager - Infrastructure Services.QLD
- FTPayments Business AnalystVIC
- CCAxway DeveloperACT
- FTService Desk Engineer/IT Help desk Support - Multiple positionsVIC
- CC.net developerNSW
- FTMultiple Infrastructure Engineer rolesACT
- FTTIBCO Integration SpecialistOther
- PTDirector Programme Management OfficeSA
- TPScrum MasterNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTAgile Project ManagerOther
- CCWorkforce Capacity Analyst - Contract with Large Telco in Pennant HillsNSW
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTLevel 2/Level 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst (Office 365 Project)Other
- TPContracting Specialist - Procurement AssociateNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCCloud Orchestration and Automation SpecialistNSW