- Excellent design, Dual microphone, Voice Isolation Technology, Shirt clip, Reasonable battery life
- The voice warning which informs of changes isolation settings overpowers your conversation
The BlueAnt Z9 offers a number of enticing features and provides a crisp and clear way to take your mobile calls wirelessly, making it one of the best Bluetooth headsets on the market.
Price$ 129.00 (AUD)
Sporting a stylish design, unique Voice Isolation Technology, dual microphones, and a clip that attaches to your shirt or tie when not in use, BlueAnt's hotly anticipated Z9 Bluetooth headset certainly doesn't disappoint. It's without a doubt one of the best Bluetooth headsets on the market, combining a compact and attractive design with excellent voice quality and noise isolation.
The Z9 offers a number of unique features, the best of which is undoubtedly BlueAnt's patented Voice Isolation Technology, which allows Z9 users the choice between two modes of Voice Isolation - standard and max. The former is for normal everyday environments, such as in the home or office, while the latter should be used in noisy areas, such as driving in busy city traffic. These modes are easily switched during a conversation by pressing the multifunction button (MFB); a voice lets you know what mode you are in, either "voice isolation max", or "voice isolation standard".
We are pleased to say the technology works extremely well, achieving crisp and clear conversation when using the max voice isolation setting in a noisy environment. The Z9 also uses dual microphones. BlueAnt even goes so far to say it offers "pure speech". We are inclined to agree, as our conversations were largely loud, crisp and clear. Further, the Z9 handles wind noise well, and does an excellent job of echo cancellation too. Our only complaint is the voice informing you each time you change the isolation mode; while it plays, you can't hear your caller, although this only lasts for two or three seconds, so it isn't a massive issue.
Design wise, the Z9 is an excellent piece of craftsmanship. It measures just 41mm x 17.5.mm x 11.2mm and weighs only 11g. The gloss black finish does attract fingerprints, but creates a stylish aesthetic. Combined with the translucent, detachable ear hook (which can be worn on both ears) and soft rubber casing around the speaker, the Z9 sits comfortably in your ear and isn't annoying to wear for long periods. The etched BlueAnt logo and flashing LED surrounding the MFB buttons are also a nice touch, as is the built in clip on the rear; it neatly clips onto a tie, shirt or blouse when the headset is not in use.
Like most of these devices, using the Z9 is pretty straight forward. It can pair with up to three phones, and uses what BlueAnt calls 'On-the-Fly' switching, making it easy to change between multiple devices. Turning on the pairing mode is as easy as holding the MFB down for six seconds. Once paired, functions are simple and easy; click the MFB to answer a call, and hold it for three seconds to end a call. Reject an incoming call by holding the MFB for three seconds when your phone is ringing, and redial your last number by holding the volume up button for three seconds. Additional functions include activating voice dialling (provided this is supported by your phone), transferring a call from the headset to your phone, muting the microphone, activating call waiting and holding a conference call. The Z9 can also assign different ring-tones for known and unknown contacts.
The Z9 has a reasonable, but not outstanding 5.5 hrs talk-time and 200 hrs standby. Conveniently, BlueAnt includes both a USB cable (for charging via a PC or notebook) and an AC adapter. There are also two spare ear hooks, and this is quite convenient as they can be easily lost when removed. To top off the package, the Z9 comes with a two year replacement warranty for extra piece of mind.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Belkin Introduces USB-C 3.1 Express Dock HD
- Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10 Will Come To Australia
- Boost Mobile Doubles Data Offering With New Summer Plans
- BlackBerry KEYone Black Launches in Australia
- HTC U11 Plus latest rumours: Release date, price and specs
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCAdvisory Project Manager - Infrastructure Services.QLD
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCService management Business AnalystNSW
- FTAutomation Test EngineerOther
- FTSenior DevOps LeadVIC
- FTNetwork ArchitectNSW
- FTService Desk CoordinatorVIC
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - AdviceOther
- CCSAP Subject Matter ExpertQLD
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Banking , Finance backgroundOther
- FTUI Designer | ContractOther
- TPIT Cloud EngineerNSW
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java/ J2EE DeveloperQLD
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectOther
- FTAutomation Framework DeveloperVIC
- FTArchsight Delivery ConsultantVIC
- FTJava DevelopersOther
- CCArchitect ? Office 365 MigrationQLD
- FTDigital Content Manager | AEM , HTML and CSSOther
- FTGraduate Software Automation Test AnalystWA
- FTSr. IT Business Analyst -Investment banking Funding StructureOther
- FTSenior Project Manager- Infrastructure & Application upgradeOther