BlueAnt Supertooth Light
- Excellent voice quality, ease of use, ease of pairing, pop-out microphone, double sided magnetic clip
- Nothing of note
If there is a better Bluetooth hands-free speakerphone on the market in this price range, then we'd like to know about it. The Supertooth Light is simply an outstanding product.
Price$ 149.00 (AUD)
The BlueAnt Supertooth Light is a Bluetooth hands-free speakerphone designed for use primarily in a car, but can be just as easily used at home or in the office. The Supertooth Light combines outstanding voice clarity, ease of use and the ability to connect up to five mobile phones, making it without a doubt the best hands free speakerphone we've reviewed.
The most common issue with hands-free devices is their in-call quality. Where many devices like these suffer from distortion, the Supertooth Light's full duplex speakers work fantastically, and our calls sound extremely crisp and clear. BlueAnt claims the use of noise and echo-cancellation technologies contributes to a better user experience, and based on our testing we are inclined to agree. Despite plenty of wind noise, we were able to hold a clear, concise conversation in a moving car with the window open.
The Supertooth Light has a unique design, as the microphone, located on the right hand side, also acts as a power button. When clipped to a car's sun-visor, you simply push the square-shaped microphone in to pop it out and power on the unit. Similarly, it pushes back in to turn off. Conveniently, the unit automatically goes into pairing mode when switched on, so pairing with a mobile phone is quick and hassle free. The Supertooth Light can pair with up to five phones and it cleverly remembers each phone, so there is no need to do anything after the original pairing besides switch the unit on.
The Supertooth Light functions much like a standard Bluetooth headset. Calls can be answered or rejected by pressing the call or call end/power keys, and pressing the call button also enables voice dialling (if supported by your mobile phone). Other features include redialling, and transferring calls to and from the unit and your mobile phone, as you move within range or move out of range of the device.
Aesthetically, the Supertooth Light is a sleek and compact device, with a gloss black finish. The unit measures 122mm x 60.2mm x 18.2mm and weighs a reasonable 115g. The speaker sits on top of the unit and is well concealed. There are minimal controls on the unit itself; large answer and end call keys sit next to the speakers, and volume up/down buttons are on top of the device. All the controls are soft and easy to press, and best of all, the answer/end call keys light up when your mobile phone rings for ease of use at night time. Next to the volume buttons are two indicator lights; one a blue light indicating a Bluetooth connection, and the other a charge indicator glowing red when the battery is low, and orange when the battery is being charged.
Conveniently, the Supertooth Light uses two small magnets to attach to the included sun visor clip. This means that when you flip the sun visor down while driving, the unit can easily be taken off and clipped onto the other side, so you can still access the controls. BlueAnt includes an in-car charger, an AC charger and a bonus phone holder in the sales package. Battery life is excellent according to figures of up to 15 hours talk time and up to 800 hours standby time.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- OnePlus 5 rumors: Everything we know about the upcoming budget flagship
- Google makes the best Android apps easier to find with Android Excellence
- Motorola's Z2 Play comes with a smaller battery, a higher price tag, and new Moto Mods
- Sony outs launch details for its Xperia XZ Premium flagship and futuristic Touch projector
- Andy Rubin's Essential Phone is finally here and it's weird
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTHFC Network Modeller | 6mth ContractOther
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerOther
- FTResource /Operations AnalystOther
- FT.NET DeveloperOther
- TPSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP MM Functional ConsultantVIC
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- TPDigital Business Analyst | Six Month Contract |Immediate StartQLD
- FTDevOps Lead / Identity Services Security LeadOther
- FT.Net DeveloperQLD
- FTAndroid Developer - PermanentWA
- FTSCCM Engineer / SpecialistOther
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerNSW
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- FTTest AnalystSA
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCEUS Junior Application Project ManagerNSW
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectOther
- FTAgile Test LeadOther
- FTIT Support officer- Service Desk AP3 & APS4ACT
- CCData AnalystVIC
- FTIT Project SchedulerOther