Another YouTube competitor
- More than 26 million hours of video!
- Nothing of note
YouTube's popularity has spawned a number of copycat sites and even paved the way for online entertainment networks that allow users to freely stream content and download it for use elsewhere. Blinkx is one of the bigger ones.
Blinkx is a similar service to Joost but, rather than having video content stored on the website, Blinkx acts as a search engine, trawling the Web for video content that relates to your keywords. It provides a list of matching content for you to access.
Blinkx has signed more than 350 media partnerships, including deals with several national broadcasters, and the service offers more than 26 million hours of video.
Of course, user-created content is one area of entertainment that's really taken off over the past few years — YouTube is a prime example of this success. The video Web site allows users to upload videos and share them with literally hundreds of thousands of viewers, almost like 'You've Been Framed' for the digital generation.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTIT Security OfficerVIC
- TPSystems Administrator (AWS)QLD
- CCAutomation TesterVIC
- FTLead Business AnalystOther
- FTCompliance Analyst - Anti Money Laundering & CTFOther
- FTTechnical Support / Service Desk - Mount DruittOther
- FTData Migration Lead- ECS.106, ETL & SAPOther
- CCX2 BPE Managers - TelcoVIC
- FTSecurity & IAM Technical SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Pega Developer (Pega Senior Systems Architect)Other
- TPData AnalystVIC
- FTFrontend Developer - URGENTOther
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- FT.NET MVC Developer- Angular JS v1.x, 2.x and 4.0Other
- FTL&D Developer - Trainer - eLearning SpecialistNSW
- FTRecruitment CoordinatorOther
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCDigital DesignerNSW
- FTRecruitment CoordinatorOther
- TPBusiness Information SpecialistNSW
- CCProject Manager - Multiple Roles - TelcoVIC
- FTWindows 10 Deployment ManagerACT
- FTMarketing ExecutiveOther
- CCProject Manager-SCADANSW
- FTTechnical AnalystSA