This month, two PC World readers are going to be the lucky recipients of Huawei’s latest smartwatch, the HUAWEI WATCH GT 2 Pro, valued at $499.
beyerdynamic RSX 660
- Very well designed and comfortable, provide excellent audio quality
- Poor reception, especially at range; limited volume
The RSX 660 are very high-quality headphones, but may be a risky buy if you use them a long way from the audio source or while move around.
Price$ 339.00 (AUD)
Beautifully designed, the beyerdynamic RSX 660 wireless headphone system includes very comfortable, well-padded closed cups and a highly adjustable padded bridge; readily accessible tuning and volume controls; and a slick look that matches the best wired headphones. They're rather large for wireless headphones, but not overly heavy (about 290g sans batteries), and the extra size gives them enough room to fit over your ears rather than crush them.
The audio quality of the analog 660 RSX, when tuned, was excellent, if a little flat. There was no noticeable line noise or interference, but the volume level was quite limited, as was the bass. Still, for some light listening, the RSX 660 was very good--when we could get it to tune properly, that is.
The RSX 660, operating in the 863MHz band, had serious issues holding a signal in our testing, especially if we were moving around. Often it would drop to a mono signal, or lose the signal altogether for a few seconds. Heavy white noise came into play as we moved up to 12m from the base station (even though it's claimed that the headphones work at 50m or more). We tried both the available channels and extensive tuning at short and long range to get it to work. When it did work, it worked very well, but when we moved position we often had to try to re-tune. With the beyerdynamic, we basically had to find a spot in the house that worked, and stay there.
The base station for the RSX 660 is a little larger than most wireless headphone stations, with good reason--it includes a charging rack for the headphones. It's a nifty touch, although it's a little annoying that you have to reset your fitting adjustments every time you want to plug it into the recharger. According to beyerdynamic, the headphones will last up to 8 hours on a pair of AAA batteries.
If it weren't for the tuning issues, we'd have no problem recommending the RSX 660 headphones. If you plan a relatively static use for the headphones, they might work very well for you--but make sure the people you buy them from offer a money-back guarantee.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Razer Naga Trinity review: The last best MMO gaming mouse
- 2 Dynabook Portégé X30W-J – a very good all-rounder
- 3 Google Pixel 5 Review: Soft Reboot
- 4 Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- 5 Samsung Galaxy Z Flip review: Killer form-factor, lethal price-tag
Latest News Articles
- Bowers and Wilkins launch the PI7 and PI5 wireless headphones
- Huawei releases the FreeBuds 4i earphones
- Deal: Sony's AirPod-killers are $199
- Belkin has new earbuds and wireless charger stand on the way
- JBL unveils Tour-, Tune-, and Live-branded wireless headphones at CES
PCW Evaluation Team
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
- Best Amazon Prime Day deals for Australia in 2021
- Six headphone deals to consider for Australia's EOFY 2021
- Best Australian EOFY 2021 Laptop Deals
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies