beyerdynamic RSX 660
- Very well designed and comfortable, provide excellent audio quality
- Poor reception, especially at range; limited volume
The RSX 660 are very high-quality headphones, but may be a risky buy if you use them a long way from the audio source or while move around.
Price$ 339.00 (AUD)
Beautifully designed, the beyerdynamic RSX 660 wireless headphone system includes very comfortable, well-padded closed cups and a highly adjustable padded bridge; readily accessible tuning and volume controls; and a slick look that matches the best wired headphones. They're rather large for wireless headphones, but not overly heavy (about 290g sans batteries), and the extra size gives them enough room to fit over your ears rather than crush them.
The audio quality of the analog 660 RSX, when tuned, was excellent, if a little flat. There was no noticeable line noise or interference, but the volume level was quite limited, as was the bass. Still, for some light listening, the RSX 660 was very good--when we could get it to tune properly, that is.
The RSX 660, operating in the 863MHz band, had serious issues holding a signal in our testing, especially if we were moving around. Often it would drop to a mono signal, or lose the signal altogether for a few seconds. Heavy white noise came into play as we moved up to 12m from the base station (even though it's claimed that the headphones work at 50m or more). We tried both the available channels and extensive tuning at short and long range to get it to work. When it did work, it worked very well, but when we moved position we often had to try to re-tune. With the beyerdynamic, we basically had to find a spot in the house that worked, and stay there.
The base station for the RSX 660 is a little larger than most wireless headphone stations, with good reason--it includes a charging rack for the headphones. It's a nifty touch, although it's a little annoying that you have to reset your fitting adjustments every time you want to plug it into the recharger. According to beyerdynamic, the headphones will last up to 8 hours on a pair of AAA batteries.
If it weren't for the tuning issues, we'd have no problem recommending the RSX 660 headphones. If you plan a relatively static use for the headphones, they might work very well for you--but make sure the people you buy them from offer a money-back guarantee.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 3 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 4 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Bose Upgrade Q35 for Google Assistant
- Jabra Evolve 75e brings earbud design, Active NC and ‘busylight’ to the workplace
- Jaybird go true wireless with new RUN earbuds
- HyperX Reveals Next Generation Cloud Alpha Gaming Headset
- Jabra upgrade their Elite Sport wireless earbuds
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTDigital Customer Experience Manager - CXOther
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerOther
- FTChange ManagerOther
- FTRelease Manager- IT SAP ERP/EAM environmentsOther
- TPProgram Manager - Managed ServicesQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectWA
- FTTM1 DeveloperOther
- CCPortfolio ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperWA
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorWA
- FTTest Engineer - Insurance BackgroundQLD
- CCTest Specialist - eCommerceVIC
- FTFront End Developer (Urgent)Other
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- FTMarketing Executive - Digital, Direct and Customer MarketingOther
- FTEnterprise Architect - NetworkingOther
- FTNetwork & Security Gateway EngineerACT
- FTC++ Analyst ProgrammerOther
- TPSenior Security Consultant - WirelessNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst – Office 365 ProjectOther
- CCTRIM Support OfficerNSW
- FTSAP BW/BI DeveloperVIC