beyerdynamic RSX 660
- Very well designed and comfortable, provide excellent audio quality
- Poor reception, especially at range; limited volume
The RSX 660 are very high-quality headphones, but may be a risky buy if you use them a long way from the audio source or while move around.
Price$ 339.00 (AUD)
Beautifully designed, the beyerdynamic RSX 660 wireless headphone system includes very comfortable, well-padded closed cups and a highly adjustable padded bridge; readily accessible tuning and volume controls; and a slick look that matches the best wired headphones. They're rather large for wireless headphones, but not overly heavy (about 290g sans batteries), and the extra size gives them enough room to fit over your ears rather than crush them.
The audio quality of the analog 660 RSX, when tuned, was excellent, if a little flat. There was no noticeable line noise or interference, but the volume level was quite limited, as was the bass. Still, for some light listening, the RSX 660 was very good--when we could get it to tune properly, that is.
The RSX 660, operating in the 863MHz band, had serious issues holding a signal in our testing, especially if we were moving around. Often it would drop to a mono signal, or lose the signal altogether for a few seconds. Heavy white noise came into play as we moved up to 12m from the base station (even though it's claimed that the headphones work at 50m or more). We tried both the available channels and extensive tuning at short and long range to get it to work. When it did work, it worked very well, but when we moved position we often had to try to re-tune. With the beyerdynamic, we basically had to find a spot in the house that worked, and stay there.
The base station for the RSX 660 is a little larger than most wireless headphone stations, with good reason--it includes a charging rack for the headphones. It's a nifty touch, although it's a little annoying that you have to reset your fitting adjustments every time you want to plug it into the recharger. According to beyerdynamic, the headphones will last up to 8 hours on a pair of AAA batteries.
If it weren't for the tuning issues, we'd have no problem recommending the RSX 660 headphones. If you plan a relatively static use for the headphones, they might work very well for you--but make sure the people you buy them from offer a money-back guarantee.
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Apple iPhone X
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Toys for Boys
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Bose SoundLink Micro
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Xbox One X
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Harman ANZ relaunches AKG into the consumer market with new range
- Plantronics Expands its Award-Winning BackBeat FIT Family
- Google marries AI, hardware and software with Made By Google
- Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixelbook, Google Home Mini & Max: Everything Announced At Today’s Google Event
- Bose Upgrade Q35 for Google Assistant
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review: A port worthy of PC gaming's mightiest rigs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- TPBusiness Continuity Senior Associate/ IT AuditNSW
- FTSenior Technology Specialist (Networks)Other
- FTService Desk Consultant - Part TimeOther
- FTPrinciple Project Manager- HRISOther
- TPSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSAP PSCD Analyst and PSCD FunctionalistOther
- FTCobol DeveloperOther
- FTField ConsultantOther
- TPPrincipal Project Manager|HRIS ProgramQLD
- FTSenior Field Services Telecommunication RiggerACT
- FTIT Security Support OfficersOther
- CCSharePoint Developer / AdministratorNSW
- FTSecurity Leads - $800 per dayOther
- FTSolution Manager - SAPOther
- CCUser Experience DesignersACT
- FTSenior Systems Engineer (WINTEL)ACT
- FTSystem Specialist - Operational Technology SystemsOther
- FTPayments Solution DesignerNSW
- FTManagement Consultant - ConsultancyOther
- FTAccount Management/Customer Service - MULTIPLE ROLESSA
- CCITSM Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead / Senior Systems EngineerOther
- FTDigital BA / Product Owner / 3 Month ContractOther