The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (preview)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is going to be one of the hottest games of 2011
- Improved visuals, dragons, it's the sequel to Oblivion, did we mention dragons
- November 11 is a long time to wait for fans, we're worried about the PC version being too 'console-ised'
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is one of the most anticipated games of 2011. We can't wait to get our hands on it.
It's almost exactly five years since The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion was released. But fans of the Elder Scrolls series — and it has a lot of fans — have almost eight months still to wait until the next part of the series is released. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim will be the newest addition to the first-person action RPG franchise, and it's due to be released on November 11.
Check out our collection of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim screenshots.
In a blog entry at Elderscrolls.com/ game director Todd Howard explained that after Bethesda Game Studios finished Oblivion, the team "dove full steam into making Fallout 3. But we did put down a few ideas on paper about what we’d do after Fallout, and that would be Skyrim, featuring the return of dragons to the Elder Scrolls. We usually start with an overall tone of the game. And Skyrim spoke to all of us. The original home of men: rugged, weathered. The ancient power of the Nords would come to life through their shouts. You would battle with dragons, using their language, and become the one thing they fear: Dovahkiin, the Dragonborn. Five years later and we’re excited to finally share some of this vision as it comes to life on the screen."
The events of Skyrim will take place two centuries after those depicted in Oblivion (the events of oblivion consisting mainly of picking flowers and herbs, mercilessly slaughtering innocent villages and accumulating a large number of houses, if we recall correctly; oh, and closing a few Oblivion gates). Skyrim takes place in, er Skyrim — with the game area being about the size of Oblivion's.
Bethesda has revealed that Skyrim will use a new engine — not Gamebryo, which was used for Fallout 3, Oblivion and The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.
Along with improved visuals, Skyrim will offer tweaked combat, improved AI and dragons. We're not sure which of those we're most excited about. Needless to say, it's going to be an agonising wait until November 11.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim will be available for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Acer attempts to woo Australian gamers with reveal of its new Predator range
- Nintendo Switch software update: What does 4.0.0 feature and how to install it?
- Robot House announce vacuum-bot adventure game ahead of PAX Australia
- Wargaming launches ANZ servers for World of Tanks
- VR fairytale game Luna due for Oct 17 release
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCBusiness Analyst - Technical backgroundVIC
- FTSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Internet Services Engineer - DevOpsNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- TPJava DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- TPPrincipal Data AnalystQLD
- CCMobile Applications Developer (Brisbane)ACT
- CCCloud Test EngineerNSW
- FTApplication Packaging EngineerOther
- CCLean Six Sigma Process Improvement Specialist - MELBOURNEQLD
- CCIntegration SpecialistNSW
- FTChange ManagerOther
- CCITSM Integration Solution ArchitectNSW
- TPProject Manager - IaaSQLD
- FTSolution Manager - SAPOther
- FTETL DeveloperOther
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectNSW
- TPSolution Architect - Cloud InfrastructureQLD
- FTPre-Sales Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCDigital Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTIT Service Delivery Manager - Workplace Technology (O365 & SP)Other
- FTSenior Front End Developer - ReactJSOther
- CCCyber AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT