BenQ Australia V2400W
Stylish LCD with HDMI support
- Design, colour levels, fast response time, touch-sensitive controls, no noticeable ghosting during gaming and movie playback
- Average viewing angles, finer details sometimes lost, only a VGA cable included, no wall mounting option
BenQ’s V2400W features a stylish design, and its excellent performance in most areas means that it’s ideal for the typical PC user or gamer. The addition of HDMI should also appeal to console owners.
Price$ 599.00 (AUD)
Sporting a stylish design, HDMI support and a response time as quick as 2ms, BenQ's V2400W is aimed at the typical PC user, gamer or next-generation HDMI gaming console owners. According to BenQ, it's the "world's slimmest LCD monitor". Most consumers will be quite pleased with the V2400W, although professionals who work with colour imaging for a living will surely look elsewhere.
Supporting a standard 24in resolution of 1920x1200, the V2400W is ideal for watching high-definition content thanks to its HDMI connection. A 2ms response time — when BenQ's Advanced Motion Accelerator (AMA) feature is activated — is extremely quick and is therefore suited for reproducing fast motion such as action movies or video games. When connected to a Blu-ray player via HDMI, the V2400W performed well and we found no evidence of ghosting. Finer, dark details were sometimes lost and the monitor tended to slightly over-saturate skin tones, but on the whole, performance for gaming and movies is above average.
Despite the appeal for gamers and multimedia buffs, the V2400W also functions well as a standard desktop monitor, producing crisp text. We didn't need to adjust the sharpness controls using a PC, although there is a slight amount of grey banding evident. TN (twisted nematic) panels are generally considered to have poor viewing angles, and although the V2400W doesn't manage to put this theory to rest completely it is solid in this regard. Horizontal viewing angles are good; however, vertical viewing angles are somewhat poorer.
Colour balance will be fine for gamers and desktop users alike, but the TN panel means professionals such as video editors and designers will look elsewhere. In our DisplayMate tests, the V2400W struggled to distinguish whites and blacks at either end of the scale, though the low level of backlight bleed is impressive. BenQ has included five image preset modes — standard, movie, dynamics, photo and sRGB. We were impressed with the dynamic contrast; the convenient split-screen demo mode displays its benefits to good effect.
Aside from offering a HDMI input, the V2400W has an impressive design. At just 24mm thick, BenQ claims it is the world's slimmest LCD monitor. The unusual off-centre stand design and gloss black and silver bezel are quite attractive. A downside to the all-in-one unit is the fact that the screen can't be swivelled or rotated — you can only adjust the tilt angle upwards or downwards.
The V2400W's controls are prominently incorporated on the bottom left side of the display. The buttons are touch-sensitive and feature a blue backlight when activated. Though there is no tactile feedback when pressed, the controls are fairly responsive and beep when activated.
Unfortunately, BenQ is far from generous with included accessories. Despite HDMI and DVI connections, only a VGA cable is included in the sales package. Also, the fact that the V2400W can't be wall mounted may turn away many potential buyers.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
- G-Sync HDR displays go ultrawide and ultra-fast with the 200Hz Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ
- Dell's luscious new 4K monitor is bold, bright, and HDR-infused
- Samsung's 49-inch mega-wide display may displace multi-monitor setups
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- TPBA Enterprise ProgramVIC
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - BrisbaneVIC
- FTData EngineerOther
- CCJava / J2EE DeveloperVIC
- TPBusiness Intelligence AnalystSA
- FTNetwork Designer - Telecommunications - UrgentOther
- FTSharepoint ConsultantOther
- CCMultiple Hadoop Developers Canberra, Brisbane, Melbourne or AdelaideQLD
- CCGuidewire Business AnalystQLD
- FTFront End Developer - Ractive.JS (Urgent)Other
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- FTApplication Service Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTios DeveloperACT
- FTDigital Project Manager - Mobile App, Website BuildOther
- FTData Scientist/Java LeadVIC
- CCLinux & Windows Systems Engineer - BrisbaneQLD
- FTProgram Level Agile CoachOther
- TPSenior Enterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTProject ManagerSA
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Development DBA - OracleNSW
- FTCustomer Marketing ExecutiveOther