BenQ V2200 Eco LED monitor
BenQ's V2200 Eco is the world's first 21.5in LED monitor
- Eco-friendly with green packaging and recycled plastics, LED backlit, Full HD resolution, HDMI input, excellent contrast and brightness
- No DVI port, struggles to distinguish black levels, appears less bright in the centre of the screen, screen doesn't rotate or swivel on base
The BenQ V2200 Eco LED monitor boasts excellent contrast and brightness, but struggles to distinguish blacks. In general, performance is on par with regular LCD monitors, so the relatively high price is hard to justify.
Price$ 499.00 (AUD)
According to BenQ, the V2200 Eco is the world's first 21.5in LED monitor. A similar unit to the V2400 Eco — the smaller screen size is the main difference — the V2200 Eco monitor is among the first LCD monitors to boast LED backlighting. Though this results in decreased power consumption and a brighter display with better contrast, you'll pay a premium for it.
BenQ classifies the V2200 Eco as an LED display but in reality this is merely an LCD monitor with LED backlighting. In addition to the afore-mentioned benefits that LED backlit screens provide, the BenQ V2200 Eco doesn't use mercury in its construction. This is one part of BenQ's commitment to providing greener products (hence the Eco name). Other green features include the V2200 Eco's plain white plastic casing, made from 28 per cent recycled plastic and meeting EPEAT standards, and reduced packing material. The company has made use of recycled materials in the packaging and documentation, and claims to have used 80 per cent less paper and 70 per cent less ink.
The BenQ V2200 Eco LED monitor's frame is best described as minimalist. There are no glossy sections or striking design features, and many may consider the design dull. We feel it looks smart though much plainer than what we're used to. The non-gloss bezel doesn't reflect light, making it ideal in an office environment, and the monitor feels sturdy, though the screen wobbles on the stand a bit more than we liked.
A strange design feature is the round holder on the base. It has an optional business card holder that looks like long plastic grass. The BenQ V2200 Eco is wall mountable using a standard VESA mount but has limited adjustability — it can tilt up and down, but doesn't rotate or swivel.
The BenQ V2200 Eco LED monitor should appeal to those who own an Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 as it’s a Full HD monitor with a resolution of 1920x1080. Unfortunately, users looking to use this as a double delight for their PC and gaming console may be left disappointed — the V2200 Eco lacks a DVI connection. It has single D-Sub and HDMI ports.
In our tests the BenQ V2200 Eco LED monitor delivered a mixed performance. The main benefits of LED backlight are increased contrast and brightness. Aside from this, we found performance to be almost identical to most regular LCD monitors. In our DisplayMate tests, the V2200 Eco struggled to distinguish blacks and the screen also appeared less bright towards the centre in many of the test images. Colour and contrast are excellent, though, and the display's general performance during office tasks is pleasing. Text, in particular, is sharp and clear, with no visible aberrations. In addition to the four picture presets (standard, movie, game and photo), the BenQ V2200 Eco has a power-saving "eco" mode.
During our gaming tests (using the HDMI port), the V2200 Eco didn't display any ghosting during fast motion, despite only having an average response time of 5ms. Like the V2400 Eco, the V2200 Eco is quite bright so your eyes can take time to adjust to it.
Follow PC World Australia on Twitter: @PCWorldAu
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
- G-Sync HDR displays go ultrawide and ultra-fast with the 200Hz Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ
- Dell's luscious new 4K monitor is bold, bright, and HDR-infused
- Samsung's 49-inch mega-wide display may displace multi-monitor setups
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCSalesforce Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- FTNetwork Security ConsultantOther
- FTWindows Rollout / Desktop Support AnalystOther
- FTChange and Business Deployment SpecialistOther
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- FTDelivery ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - InfrastructureVIC
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- FTNetwork Support Engineer x2Other
- CCSOC AnalystVIC
- FTSr SQL Developer/Data Migration SpecialistOther
- FTTechnology and Strategy Architecture ManagerQLD
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager - Audio VisualNSW
- FTCloud/Infrastructure SpecialistVIC
- CCMultiple Hadoop Developers Canberra, Brisbane, Melbourne or AdelaideACT
- TPSenior Project Manager - CRMQLD
- FTChange Lead- Timetable ReadinessOther
- FTSolutions ArchitectsOther
- FTData Governance and PMO Lead - DW/ BIOther
- TPBusiness Program Manager - Digital TransformationNSW
- CCNetwork Data AdminVIC
- TPSenior Full-Stack DeveloperSA