So, what do I want out of my next laptop and what must it include?
BenQ Australia PE8700
- Intuitive and easy interface, long lamp life
A well-designed projector targeted firmly at the home theatre enthusiast. Only really suitable for permanent installations.
Price$ 6,999.00 (AUD)
Simply one of the biggest projectors we have seen in the Test Centre, the PE8700 has dimensions of 400 x 347 x 116mm and weighs approximately 7.5kgs. The PE8700 is targeted at the home theatre enthusiast after the ultimate home setup, and can be fitted to any ceiling via the mounting holes on the underside.
With a throw ratio of 80" from 3m distance, the maximum brightness level is 800 ANSI lumens, but brightness can also be reduced to 500 ANSI. The lamp has a reported life of 2000 hours, and we found it very easy to change.
Ports at the rear of the projector include S-Video, composite and component video (RCA), DVI-I (PC) plus RGB/HDTV progressive scan input. The bundled remote is great for taking advantage of some features, such as picture-in-picture or picture-on-picture or adjusting the keystone correction.
At the time of writing, BenQ had just released a newer model: the PE8700+. The PE8700+ uses a more advanced DLP chip, has 1000 lumen brightness, an increased contrast ratio of 2500:1.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 2 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- BenQ confirm TK800 projector for Australia
- BenQ Debuts True 4K UHD HDR Home Cinema Projector Designed for Modern Families
- Sony's Android-powered Xperia projector turns any flat surface into a touch screen
- Sony’s new liquid-cooled 4K home video projector delivers 5000 lumens of brightness, costs $60,000
- BenQ targets Epson with revamped home entertainment projectors
PCW Evaluation Team
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
- Computex 2018: Everything you missed at Asia's biggest tech tradeshow
- Computex 2018: Nvidia launches new AI-focused hardware and software platforms
- Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies