BenQ Australia PB6110
- Bright, clear image ideal for boardroom presentations
- 4:3 aspect ratio not suited to watching movies
BenQ's PB-6110 projector offers high brightness and contrast levels, and while it offers good all-round performance, the 4:3 aspect ratio makes it better for presentations than watching movies.
Price$ 1,599.00 (AUD)
BenQ's diminutive black PB6110 projector is designed to fill a range of functions. It measures 26 x 10 x 22 cm and weighs in at 2.7kg, and is designed for portability; BenQ has even included a carry bag in the packaging.
The machine will accept a wide range of inputs, including component, VGA, composite and S-Video. It also offers a single VGA output that can be used as a pass-through. A USB connector is also present along with an audio jack, but the 1W speaker isn't much use for watching movies. The unit runs natively at SVGA resolution (800 x 600 pixels) and can scale HDTV content to fit the screen dimensions.
DLP projectors tend to offer a superior contrast ratio to their LCD brethren, and the PB6110 produces excellent images with outstanding colour saturation.
The lamp offers a maximum output of 1500 ANSI lumens and a 2000:1 contrast ratio. It also manages to output a 60" image from a range of 2m thanks to a wide-angle lens that runs natively in a 4:3 aspect ratio. It's fine for brightly lit boardrooms and eight preset modes mean that you can drop the screen brightness adequately for a darkened home theatre environment.
BenQ includes a technology called DCMS (Dynamic Colour Management System), which dynamically controls the light and colour output by the DLP wheel to accurately reproduce colours and shades. It works effectively, and the PB6110 offers a clear, vibrant image that shines for DVD playback. Presets are also available to adjust the display for presentations, gaming, watching movies or to save power.
The BenQ ships with a small remote control that drives screen functions and offers basic image adjustment. Vertical keystone correction is provided, and the automatic setting feature does a good job of quickly tweaking the display to suit the input source, though we found it tended to err on the side of being a touch too bright.
While it offers great all-round performance, the 4:3 aspect ratio makes it better suited for the boardroom than the lounge room.
Join the newsletter!
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Apple iPhone X
cloudandco Smart Cane
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Toys for Boys
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Bose SoundLink Micro
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Xbox One X
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Sony's Android-powered Xperia projector turns any flat surface into a touch screen
- Sony’s new liquid-cooled 4K home video projector delivers 5000 lumens of brightness, costs $60,000
- BenQ targets Epson with revamped home entertainment projectors
- LG's new Laser Display gives you 100in of full HD glory
- Vivid Sydney 2012 gets some love from will.i.am
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review: A port worthy of PC gaming's mightiest rigs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPProject Manager - Records ManagementVIC
- FTPEGA ArchitectOther
- CCChange ManagerVIC
- CCSolaris / Oracle SPARC administratorVIC
- CCIntegration AnalystVIC
- CCLean Six Sigma Process Improvement Specialist - MELBOURNEQLD
- FTProgram Manager - Technology & EngineeringOther
- CCBusiness Intelligence SpecialistNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPTechnical Lead (Office 365)QLD
- FTRecords AnalystOther
- FTTM1 Application Management AnalystOther
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperQLD
- CCSystem Analyst - AxwayNSW
- FTBusiness Project ManagerOther
- FTSenior Java and AEM DeveloperOther
- CCScrum MasterQLD
- FTDigital Transformation Architect - TelcoVIC
- FTFinancial AdministratorOther
- CCMiddleware AdminstratorNSW
- FTBusiness Information Security Officer (BISO)NSW
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - Mobile AutomationOther
- FTProject Manager - Data Centre refreshOther
- TPBusiness Improvement ManagerNSW
- CCI&CS Communications LeadVIC