BenQ Australia Joybook S72 v33
- Very light, bright display
- Nothing notable
Light, bright and sturdy; the S72 looks good and performs well too.
Price$ 2,999.00 (AUD)
This mid-sized, thin and light (2.2kg) notebook features a bright (200cd/m²) and unusually sized 14" widescreen display.
The S72 is a second-generation Centrino (Sonoma) model, featuring an Intel Pentium M processor 750 (1.9GHz) and 802.11a/b/g Wi-Fi.
A 64MB ATI Mobility Radeon X600 graphics controller provides a maximum resolution of 1280 x 768 pixels on the LCD, plus S-Video TV-Out and VGA-out (external monitor) connections.
BenQ media centre software is supplied for DVD and CD playback and can be controlled using the bundled infrared remote that hides away in the single PC Card slot (ExpressCards aren't supported). The remote is also equipped with a laser pointer--perfect for presentations.
The keyboard doesn't have the best key travel, but is certainly serviceable and has program shortcut buttons above it. System status lights and a built-in microphone are located on the left of the front fascia. Headphone/optical audio-out and microphone jacks are also available.
Other features include an integrated four-in-one card reader, Wi-Fi on/off switch, four USB 2.0 slots and single FireWire, Ethernet and 56Kbps modem ports.
The Joybook S72 is well designed, with strengthened magnesium alloy casing, and special attention has been paid to heat management. It performed quite solidly in our tests, particularly in our battery life tests.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- MSI GE73 7RF VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- Acer expands gaming notebook lineup with Predator Helios 300
- ASUS Announces Two New Entries into the VivoBook Range with the VivoBook 14 and VivoBook 15
- Hands-on: MSI's GT75VR Titan brings high-end HDR display tech to a gaming laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSenior Change AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Government OrganizationVIC
- CCLead Business Project ManagerNSW
- CCDevOps ConsultantQLD
- TPAgile Business AnalystVIC
- CCApplication Solution Designer (Automation)NSW
- FTDevOps Engineer - Blue Chip CompanyOther
- CCJava Developer- API &Micro servicesNSW
- FTNetwork Test ManagerVIC
- CCDatabase Administrator - Government OrganisationVIC
- FTSr SQL Developer/Data Migration SpecialistOther
- TPPenetration TesterQLD
- FTOracle DB & Python DeveloperVIC
- FTLevel 3 Desktop EngineerOther
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- TPSharePoint Business AnalystVIC
- FTSCCM consultantVIC
- CCReporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTSolutions DesignerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - ISO9001ACT
- CCSenior Systems EngineerVIC
- FTSystems and Database AdministratorACT