BenQ Australia FP91V+
- Crisp text, good graphics, above average speakers and movie modes, easy to use.
- Poor motion response time.
The BenQ FP91V+ sports a glossy, bright screen that makes graphics look great.
Price$ 799.00 (AUD)
Most glossy screens show remarkably crisp text and saturated colour, and the bright, "polish type" screen on the BenQ FP91V+ is no exception, producing excellent results in our tests. On text, the BenQ, though less of a standout, still performed very well.
With its fancy speakers and two movie modes, the FP91V+ is clearly a model for the entertainment-minded. The attached speaker bar produces richer, louder sound than I've heard from most monitors.
In addition to having standard colour presets, the FP91V+ offers two preconfigured movie modes. These can be useful for getting the best out of a training video or a movie trailer, but we haven't yet seen a monitor that could replace a TV for an evening's entertainment. You can adjust contrast and volume on the FP91V+ with control buttons, saving you the dive into on-screen menus.
The FP91V+ received only an average rating in our motion tests. Vendors report response time in different ways: in the case of the FP91V+, the 12-millisecond response time quoted refers to the rise-and-fall, or black-to-white, response time. Its intergrey, or grey-to-grey, response time clocks in at 6 milliseconds.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Dell's luscious new 4K monitor is bold, bright, and HDR-infused
- Samsung's 49-inch mega-wide display may displace multi-monitor setups
- More high-end GPUs are now compatible with Dell's 8K monitor
- Dell's wild 8K monitor goes on sale with a just-as-stunning price tag
- LG's 4K HDR monitor gets a price and release date, heralding a new era for PC displays
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCJava Developer - IntergrationQLD
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- FTDevOps Engineer | $90 p/hrVIC
- CCJava Developer / System Designer - Aus Citizens OnlyWA
- CCBusiness Project Manager-Grant ManagementNSW
- CCSenior Solution AnalystVIC
- TPIT Security SpecialistVIC
- FTIT Systems EngineerTAS
- CCSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantVIC
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTUX / UI Designer MobileNSW
- FTDevelopment LeadVIC
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- TPDatawarehouse Test AnalystSA
- TPTrim Helpdesk AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Digital Developer - SitecoreQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTAnalyst ProgrammerVIC
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMOACT
- CCMid-level Business Process Analyst (Automation) - Contract - ParramattaNSW