BenQ Australia FP231W
- Funky design, portrait orientation features
- Poor image quality
Good looks and nice features don't adequately compensate for the FP231W 's less-than-stellar display.
Price$ 2,799.00 (AUD)
Benq's 23" wide-screen LCD monitor--the FP231W--makes an impressive desk trophy. I can't tell you how many co-workers stopped by to cast covetous glances at its business-class beauty. But unfortunately, its performance doesn't live up to the great first impression.
Although the monitor's sedate charcoal-and-matte-silver cabinet looks very professional, the $1999 FP231W is clearly meant for greater things than just spreadsheets. In addition to analog and digital inputs, it includes S-Video and composite inputs. The unit's vast screen, with a 1920 x 1200 native resolution, can display several applications at once--and that isn't counting the picture-in-picture window for watching TV or videos.
However, in my informal tests of a shipping model, regular video seemed to be a little grainy and ghosty. High-definition video was sharper, but still showed some ghosting. In any application, light areas appeared shimmery and washed out, causing black text on a white background to display as less than perfect.
The FP231W offers some nice features. For example, unlike most 23" models it can swivel from side to side as well as tilt. Even when I raised the monitor several centimetres on its base, it felt stable and well balanced. Sadly, such fancy features don't overcome the unit's iffy image quality.
Join the newsletter!
Why virtualise your NAS environment?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By ASUS
- BenQ Celebrates Modern Sleekness with Newest Monitors for Home and Office
- AOC Unveils AG322QCX AGON Gaming Display Bolstered for Battle
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Android DeveloperOther
- FTFullstack .NET Developer - AngularOther
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- FTPlatform Architect - Infrastructure/CloudVIC
- FTClient Relationship Manager - HealthcareVIC
- FTArchitect - Governance and Practice DevelopmentOther
- TPBusiness Intelligence DeveloperQLD
- FTOnsite Support EngineerOther
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- CCTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTData EngineerOther
- CCCisco Engineer - Perth basedVIC
- FTFrontend Developer - URGENTOther
- TPProject ManagerACT
- CCNetwork Designer l MPLS, ISP, Data Centre design and migrationNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Procurement ManagerNSW
- FTGun Java Developers wantedVIC
- FTGraduate Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTHelpdesk Support OfficerOther
- FTSecurity EngineerNSW
- TPService Desk OperatorACT
- FTAssociate - Case ManagementOther
- FTField ConsultantOther
- FTAWS DevOps EngineerOther