BenQ Australia DW1620 Pro
- Fast, reliable burning.
- Nothing to speak of.
All up, this drive looks good, does not make too much noise when in full flight, and provided reliable write and read results.
Price$ 159.00 (AUD)
Reliability is a key concern when creating discs, and the faster transfer rates get, the more prone to errors disc creation becomes. Because of this, BenQ has implemented technologies that aim to make every single burn as reliable as possible, especially when the laser nears the edge of the disc, where there is a higher amount of disc wobble.
Other technologies combat tilt and signal quality issues during burning. Signal issues, in particular, are important when burning to double layer discs, as a lot of light is needed to pass through the semitransparent top layer of a double layer disc.
Maintaining consistent signal strength across all areas of the disc is crucial, and this drive uses special power optimisation circuitry designed to achieve this.
So with all this technology lurking inside, how did this drive fare when we put it through its paces? Well, it produced consistent writing performance across DVD+R and DVD+R DL media, and was especially strong with DVD-R media. It was one of only two burners (at the time of writing) with the capability to burn to our 8X DVD-R discs at 12X. At this speed, it burnt a full DVD (including lead-in and out) in the review at 6 minutes and 11 seconds.
For enthusiasts, the drive ships with book-type management software, which changes the format of all created DVD+ media to DVD-ROM to make it more compatible with older DVD players. In our tests, DVD+R DL media was burnt this way and had no problems when inserted in several older DVD drives. This drive also ships with some video software that allows you to capture from DV and VCR sources, if you have FireWire or AV-input on your PC.
Join the newsletter!
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Toys for Boys
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Bose SoundLink Micro
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Xbox One X
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 2 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 3 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 4 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Synology Introduces FlashStation FS1018 and DiskStation DS218
- CES 2018: Crucial launches next generation MX500 SSD
- QNAP Releases QTS 4.3.4. Beta for x86-Based NAS
- QNAP ships world’s first Ryzen NAS, promising boosted Virtual Machine performance
- QNAP Rolls out Quad-core 4-bay TS-453BT3 Thunderbolt 3 NAS Tailored for Creative Professionals
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories and wireless charging
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- CES 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTLead Salesforce DeveloperOther
- CCInternet Applications Developer - DevOpsNSW
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- FTTechnical Consultant - HP Service Manager 9NSW
- FTUser Interface (UI) DeveloperACT
- FTNetwork Engineering Team Lead/Network ManagerACT
- FTIntegration SpecialistNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Financial ServicesVIC
- TPIntermediate Solution Architect - DataQLD
- CCIBM FileNet ConsultantsSA
- CCGenesys ConsultantACT
- FTLead Mobile DeveloperQLD
- FTJunior Account Manager - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- CCAdvisory Project Manager - Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- CCCyber Security Team/stream LeadVIC
- CCTechnical Consultant - FortifyACT
- FTApplications SpecialistOther
- FTDesktop Support EngineerOther
- FTIntegration LeadOther
- FTSecurity Consultant / Snr Security Consultant - Permanent - Nth SydNSW
- FTSenior Data Quality Management OfficerNSW
- FTCyber Security AnalystOther
- FTSCADA Project MaanagerOther
- FTSenior Data Warehouse DeveloperQLD
- FTProject ServicesSA