Belkin Australia TuneCast Auto w/ClearScan
- ClearScan technology, all iPods with dock connector supported, PRO sound setting
- Can't run on batteries, only supports iPod units
We prefer the design of Belkin's TuneBase model, but the TuneCast Auto is still a worthy option boasting reasonable sound quality and the convenience of ClearScan technology.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
Boasting the ability to work with both the iPod and the yet to be released in Australia iPhone, Belkin's latest FM transmitter continues the use of ClearScan technology which automatically finds the clearest FM station.
Although FM transmitters don't offer the best sound quality, they are increasingly popular due to their relatively inexpensive asking price and the fact that they don't need to be installed into your vehicle.
The TuneCast Auto allows you to power, charge and listen to your iPod all through a single unit. Although we prefer the holder design of the TuneBase FM w/ClearScan, the TuneCast Auto provides more flexibility, as it can be used with any iPod with the standard dock connector. The simple design sees one end plug into your cigarette lighter socket and the other end to your iPod or iPhone. The downside to the design is that the TuneCast uses your car power to operate and can't run on batteries. If you don't have a working cigarette lighter socket, you're out of luck.
In the middle of the cable is a small, backlit LCD display along with the controls. Operation is simple and straightforward – plug the unit in to power it on, press the ClearScan button to display the best frequency and then match the frequency displayed to your car stereo. ClearScan is particularly convenient on long trips – if the frequency starts to drop out as you are driving you can simply press the button to search for a clearer frequency.
If ClearScan doesn't identify a frequency, the FM band may be too crowded. This could be an issue, though it depends on what area you are driving in. Alternatively, you can choose to manually select a frequency if you wish. Just find a clear frequency on your car stereo, and match it on the TuneCast Auto using the + and - buttons.
The TuneCast Auto features two presets (m1 and m2), as well as a PRO setting. PRO increases the average volume and transmits in mono instead of stereo. If you are struggling to receive a clear signal, this may help, though it's recommended for podcasts and audio books rather than music. There are three PRO settings which you can scroll through, but we found the normal sound setting worked fine during our tests. Like all of these units, sound quality isn't fantastic, but it's certainly good enough for the asking price.
Join the newsletter!
cloudandco Smart Cane
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Apple iPhone X
Toys for Boys
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
Google Daydream View VR Headset
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Xbox One X
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTProgram CoordinatorACT
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTFinance Applications SpecialistOther
- FTAndroid DeveloperQLD
- FTEmail Production SpecialistOther
- FTSenior Change ManagerOther
- TPResource ManagerNSW
- CCOperations Manager - Data CentreWA
- CCRecords AnalystNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperQLD
- FTData Quality Assurance LeadOther
- CCNetwork Data EngineerWA
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTSolution Designer/ Architect | 6mth ContractOther
- CCLinux Infrastructure Engineer - Telco industryVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Data -Other
- CCTelco Project ManagerVIC
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- TPProject Manager - Credit CardsNSW
- TPLearning SpecialistQLD
- TPBusiness Analysis, Design and Configuration ManagerQLD
- CCTechnical Lead - DigitalNSW
- FTSAP SD ConsultantNSW