Belkin Australia TuneBase FM w/ClearScan
- ClearScan technology, flexible steel neck, PRO sound setting, 3.5mm audio jack
- A little pricey
Belkin's latest TuneBase FM is a big hit. ClearScan technology is a great inclusion and sound quality, although not outstanding, is notable for a FM transmitter.
Price$ 139.95 (AUD)
Although FM transmitters don't offer the best sound quality, they are increasingly popular due to their relatively inexpensive cost and ease of use. Boasting ClearScan technology which automatically finds the clearest FM station, Belkin's latest TuneBase FM continues the successful design of previous units while adding a few new features.
The versatile TuneBase FM allows you to power, charge and listen to your iPod in the car – all with a single unit. Connecting through any cigarette lighter port, the TuneBase FM utlises a convenient and innovative, flexible steel neck. It's an excellent design that allows you to tilt your iPod in any direction you like.
A small, backlit LCD display on the unit displays the frequency once it's plugged into the cigarette lighter in your car. A handy new feature on this model is ClearScan – the simple press of a button scans for the clearest FM frequency in your current area. From here you simply tune your car stereo to match the chosen frequency. Of course, you can still choose an available frequency manually, though we found the ClearScan technology worked remarkably well.
ClearScan is particularly convenient on long trips – if the frequency starts to drop out as you are driving you can just press the button to search for a clearer frequency. The TuneBase FM also allows you to store two frequencies for quick access.
Another new feature on this model is the PRO setting. PRO increases the average volume and transmits in mono instead of stereo. If you are struggling to receive a clear signal, this may help, though it's recommended for podcasts and audio books rather than music. There are three PRO settings which you can scroll through, but we found the normal sound setting worked fine during our tests. Sound quality achieved with the TuneBase FM is not outstanding, but quite good for an FM transmitter.
Belkin has included adapter sleeves to ensure the TuneBase FM fits every model iPod, with the exception of the shuffle. A nice feature is a 3.5mm audio jack – if your car stereo has a line-in port, you can connect the TuneBase FM directly to it for better sound quality.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPProject Manager - IaaSQLD
- FTProject ManagerOther
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- FTService Provider Manager - Asset ManagementOther
- CCCloud Test EngineerNSW
- FTCyber Security- ManagerSA
- FTUX Researcher - ContractNSW
- CCLevel 1 and 2 Help Desk OfficerQLD
- FTMid-Level Software EngineerOther
- FTData Centre Systems EngineerOther
- TPSecurity AnalystQLD
- TPAutomation EngineerQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- CCLSS BPMN Process Improvement AnalystVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCOracle CRM OD (On Demand) Consultant - Telecom IndustryVIC
- CCTest Analysts - agileACT
- FTTechnical Business AnalystOther
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTMitel Unified Communication engineer.ACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- FTInformation Security AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst | Gold CoastQLD
- FTSalesforce Platform LeadOther