Belkin Australia TuneBase FM w/ClearScan
- ClearScan technology, flexible steel neck, PRO sound setting, 3.5mm audio jack
- A little pricey
Belkin's latest TuneBase FM is a big hit. ClearScan technology is a great inclusion and sound quality, although not outstanding, is notable for a FM transmitter.
Price$ 139.95 (AUD)
Although FM transmitters don't offer the best sound quality, they are increasingly popular due to their relatively inexpensive cost and ease of use. Boasting ClearScan technology which automatically finds the clearest FM station, Belkin's latest TuneBase FM continues the successful design of previous units while adding a few new features.
The versatile TuneBase FM allows you to power, charge and listen to your iPod in the car – all with a single unit. Connecting through any cigarette lighter port, the TuneBase FM utlises a convenient and innovative, flexible steel neck. It's an excellent design that allows you to tilt your iPod in any direction you like.
A small, backlit LCD display on the unit displays the frequency once it's plugged into the cigarette lighter in your car. A handy new feature on this model is ClearScan – the simple press of a button scans for the clearest FM frequency in your current area. From here you simply tune your car stereo to match the chosen frequency. Of course, you can still choose an available frequency manually, though we found the ClearScan technology worked remarkably well.
ClearScan is particularly convenient on long trips – if the frequency starts to drop out as you are driving you can just press the button to search for a clearer frequency. The TuneBase FM also allows you to store two frequencies for quick access.
Another new feature on this model is the PRO setting. PRO increases the average volume and transmits in mono instead of stereo. If you are struggling to receive a clear signal, this may help, though it's recommended for podcasts and audio books rather than music. There are three PRO settings which you can scroll through, but we found the normal sound setting worked fine during our tests. Sound quality achieved with the TuneBase FM is not outstanding, but quite good for an FM transmitter.
Belkin has included adapter sleeves to ensure the TuneBase FM fits every model iPod, with the exception of the shuffle. A nice feature is a 3.5mm audio jack – if your car stereo has a line-in port, you can connect the TuneBase FM directly to it for better sound quality.
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Apple iPhone X
Toys for Boys
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Bose SoundLink Micro
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Xbox One X
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 2 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 3 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 4 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories and wireless charging
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- CES 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TP3 x Change and Adoption Managers | Health | 12 month contractsQLD
- CCIncident/Service ManagerNSW
- FTSales Manager - Global ISP Cloud Solutions ProviderVIC
- FTContinuous Improvement ManagerNSW
- FTICT Solution Architect - Canberra OpportunityNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Front-End DeveloperQLD
- FTTibco DeveloperOther
- CCSQL / .Net Developers (1 Snr & 2 Mid Level)WA
- CC.Net DevelopersACT
- FTGun Java Developers wantedVIC
- CCLead Pega Systems ArchitectACT
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- TPWeb Content SpecialistACT
- CCPHP Developer (Codeigniter / Cake)VIC
- FTChange ManagerOther
- TPSenior Software Development AdvisorACT
- FTProject ServicesSA
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCMiddleware Messaging SpecialistVIC
- TPJunior Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTBackend Java DevelopersNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCMachine Learning SpecialistACT