Belkin Australia TuneBase FM w/ClearScan
- ClearScan technology, flexible steel neck, PRO sound setting, 3.5mm audio jack
- A little pricey
Belkin's latest TuneBase FM is a big hit. ClearScan technology is a great inclusion and sound quality, although not outstanding, is notable for a FM transmitter.
Price$ 139.95 (AUD)
Although FM transmitters don't offer the best sound quality, they are increasingly popular due to their relatively inexpensive cost and ease of use. Boasting ClearScan technology which automatically finds the clearest FM station, Belkin's latest TuneBase FM continues the successful design of previous units while adding a few new features.
The versatile TuneBase FM allows you to power, charge and listen to your iPod in the car – all with a single unit. Connecting through any cigarette lighter port, the TuneBase FM utlises a convenient and innovative, flexible steel neck. It's an excellent design that allows you to tilt your iPod in any direction you like.
A small, backlit LCD display on the unit displays the frequency once it's plugged into the cigarette lighter in your car. A handy new feature on this model is ClearScan – the simple press of a button scans for the clearest FM frequency in your current area. From here you simply tune your car stereo to match the chosen frequency. Of course, you can still choose an available frequency manually, though we found the ClearScan technology worked remarkably well.
ClearScan is particularly convenient on long trips – if the frequency starts to drop out as you are driving you can just press the button to search for a clearer frequency. The TuneBase FM also allows you to store two frequencies for quick access.
Another new feature on this model is the PRO setting. PRO increases the average volume and transmits in mono instead of stereo. If you are struggling to receive a clear signal, this may help, though it's recommended for podcasts and audio books rather than music. There are three PRO settings which you can scroll through, but we found the normal sound setting worked fine during our tests. Sound quality achieved with the TuneBase FM is not outstanding, but quite good for an FM transmitter.
Belkin has included adapter sleeves to ensure the TuneBase FM fits every model iPod, with the exception of the shuffle. A nice feature is a 3.5mm audio jack – if your car stereo has a line-in port, you can connect the TuneBase FM directly to it for better sound quality.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Acer Predator Triton 300 SE review: Affordable GeForce RTX performance in a slim package
- 2 Jackery Explorer 1000 Portable Power Station review: Good for venturing off the grid
- 3 Razer Naga Trinity review: The last best MMO gaming mouse
- 4 Dynabook Portégé X30W-J – a very good all-rounder
- 5 Google Pixel 5 Review: Soft Reboot
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
- Razer just made gamer thimbles
- How to download proof of Covid-19 vaccination to your smartphone in Australia
- HTC Vive Pro 2 Full Kit is now available for pre-order in Australia
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies