Belkin Car Vent Mount review
An easily transportable phone holder
- Rubber clips might not last too long
A small, portable device which holds your phone in cars.
Price$ 30.00 (AUD)
If you regularly switch cars then having a large, adjustable phone mount can be a pain to move around – especially if you’re travelling. Belkin’s Car Vent Mount has four rubber slots on the back meaning it can easily clip onto most formats of car air vents. We tested on a Ford Mustang, Subaru Liberty and Ford Kuga, all of which had different vents and it held fast.
The sides are spring-loaded and adjustable with rubber grips and it securely held onto phones as wide as an iPhone 6S Plus and the Huawei Mate 8 which has a 6-inch screen.
Our only concern is the rubber clips on the back could well get loose over time and start losing their grip. But there'd be simple ways of fixing that.
Ultimately, it does what it says on the tin and costs $30.
- 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- Here's how Maserati customized Android for its Ghibli dashboard
- How to fit child seats and baby capsule in a 2016 Mustang
- Subaru Liberty 3.6R 2016 review
- Review: Tudia Klip seeks to prolong the life of iPhone and iPad charging cables
- Review: Incipio OtterBox and 3Sixt cases for the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Latest News Articles
- The 'Amazon effect' will drive autonomous vehicles, Nvidia CEO says
- Sony's clever image sensor helps autonomous cars see better
- Baidu to share autonomous vehicle technology
- Tesla to begin taking orders for its solar roof shingles
- Ford hires 400 mobile connectivity engineers
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ford Everest Trend RWD 3.2L Diesel review
- Ford Everest Trend in its natural habitat
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTICT Business Change SpecialistOther
- CCMicrosoft (Sharepoint) Specialist-Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- CCResource Management Project ManagerQLD
- CCEngineering information specialistNSW
- CCTechnology support specialistNSW
- FTLead UI / UX and Digital DesignerQLD
- CCAgile Project Manager/ SCRUM MasterVIC
- TPSAP Solutions Architect|Project ManagerQLD
- TPTest AnalystNSW
- TPEnterprise Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- FTCloud & Office 365 Project ManagerOther
- FTAccount Manager (Infrastructure Transition) - MULTIPLE ROLESSA
- FTApplication Support EngineerOther
- FTData & Analytics Business Development PrincipalOther
- FTMaster SchedulerACT
- CCData ModellerACT
- FTSAP Data Migration Specialists. Work Location - CanberraOther
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTCloud Specialist/SME - TelcoOther
- FTIteration ManagerOther
- FTService Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTF5 Solutions ConsultantNSW
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- TPLead Software Engineer C++NSW