Belkin Car Vent Mount review
An easily transportable phone holder
- Rubber clips might not last too long
A small, portable device which holds your phone in cars.
Price$ 30.00 (AUD)
If you regularly switch cars then having a large, adjustable phone mount can be a pain to move around – especially if you’re travelling. Belkin’s Car Vent Mount has four rubber slots on the back meaning it can easily clip onto most formats of car air vents. We tested on a Ford Mustang, Subaru Liberty and Ford Kuga, all of which had different vents and it held fast.
The sides are spring-loaded and adjustable with rubber grips and it securely held onto phones as wide as an iPhone 6S Plus and the Huawei Mate 8 which has a 6-inch screen.
Our only concern is the rubber clips on the back could well get loose over time and start losing their grip. But there'd be simple ways of fixing that.
Ultimately, it does what it says on the tin and costs $30.
- 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- Here's how Maserati customized Android for its Ghibli dashboard
- How to fit child seats and baby capsule in a 2016 Mustang
- Subaru Liberty 3.6R 2016 review
- Review: Tudia Klip seeks to prolong the life of iPhone and iPad charging cables
- Review: Incipio OtterBox and 3Sixt cases for the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- The 'Amazon effect' will drive autonomous vehicles, Nvidia CEO says
- Sony's clever image sensor helps autonomous cars see better
- Baidu to share autonomous vehicle technology
- Tesla to begin taking orders for its solar roof shingles
- Ford hires 400 mobile connectivity engineers
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTBPM DeveloperNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- FTEnterprise Security ArchitectQLD
- FTSupport Engineer Level 3QLD
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- TPSecurity AdvisorACT
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCEnd to End Project ManagerVIC
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- TPTechnical ArchitectVIC
- CCSoftware EngineerNSW
- FTLooking for Software TestersACT
- CCSenior Data EngineerNSW
- CCSecurity Business AnalystNSW
- TPDatawarehouse Test AnalystSA
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTIT Systems EngineerTAS
- FTDigital ProducerNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst Level 2 SupportQLD
- FTWeb Content WriterACT
- FTSenior System AdministratorNSW