Basta Computing Rasputin
Rasputin is a nice piece of software in search of a problem.
- Breeze to use
- Not everyone will need it
Rasputin is perfect for maintaining a dialup or time-out broadband internet connection. If you need it, it will work well for you.
Price$ 12.95 (AUD)
Note: Pricing for this product is in US$.
Rasputin is a nice piece of software in search of a problem: it sends data at regular intervals to your ISP so that your ISP doesn't disconnect you after you've been inactive for a certain amount of time.
Back in the days of dialup modems, this used to be a problem, but in the days of broadband access, the need for Rasputin has largely diminished.
So unless you're a dialup user, or your broadband ISP disconnects you after a certain interval of non-use, you'll need Rasputin only if you're having connection problems. It may help to maintain a 3G connection, too.
If that's the case, however, you'll find Rasputin a breeze to run. Install it, tell the program your kind of internet access, and tell it the interval at which you want to send a signal, and it quietly goes about doing its work. Too bad that so few people will need it.
Join the newsletter!
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
cloudandco Smart Cane
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Apple iPhone X
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Toys for Boys
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Xbox One X
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
- Amazon confirms early 2018 Australian launch for Alexa and Echo
- JBL join smart speaker arena with the portable, waterproof and (Google-powered) JBL Link range
- University of Sydney Signs World-First Agreement with Dropbox
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTFinance Applications SpecialistOther
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Engineer (devOps)NSW
- CCHelpdesk Support AnalystNSW
- CCChange specialist OR Junior Change managerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTJunior Product/Project Manager - North QueenslandQLD
- CCJava Developers (EOI)QLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTAPS6 Data Management OfficerACT
- CCDynamics CRM Functional Consultant - BrisbaneVIC
- FTSAS Solution DesignerOther
- FTDevOps SpecialistACT
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTEnterprise Solution ArchitectOther
- FTAccount Manager - Enterprise AccountsOther
- CCExstream DeveloperNSW
- TPTest CoordinatorQLD
- TPProject CoordinatorACT
- FTLead Change ManagerOther
- FTIntegeration ArchitectOther
- CCLead Technical Specialist ? SQL Lead -DBAVIC
- FTService Desk Analyst/Telecommunications Service AnalystOther
- TPSenior Project Manager - Office 365QLD
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW