Basta Computing Rasputin
Rasputin is a nice piece of software in search of a problem.
- Breeze to use
- Not everyone will need it
Rasputin is perfect for maintaining a dialup or time-out broadband internet connection. If you need it, it will work well for you.
Price$ 12.95 (AUD)
Note: Pricing for this product is in US$.
Rasputin is a nice piece of software in search of a problem: it sends data at regular intervals to your ISP so that your ISP doesn't disconnect you after you've been inactive for a certain amount of time.
Back in the days of dialup modems, this used to be a problem, but in the days of broadband access, the need for Rasputin has largely diminished.
So unless you're a dialup user, or your broadband ISP disconnects you after a certain interval of non-use, you'll need Rasputin only if you're having connection problems. It may help to maintain a 3G connection, too.
If that's the case, however, you'll find Rasputin a breeze to run. Install it, tell the program your kind of internet access, and tell it the interval at which you want to send a signal, and it quietly goes about doing its work. Too bad that so few people will need it.
Join the newsletter!
When the Hypertext Transfer Protocol was introduced nearly 30 years ago, the Internet was a small, cozy club hosting just one website.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Nova 3e: P20 in a pinch
- 2 Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- 3 LG E8 OLED TV (2018) and SK10Y soundbar review: If you've been on the fence about OLED, now might be the time to jump it
- 4 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 5 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Access thousands of movies for free thanks to Telstra TV Kanopy App
- RMIT Online and AWS offering course in VR and AR
- Apple set release date for iOS 12, watchOS 5, tvOS 12, and macOS Mojave
- Telstra announces refreshed fixed-broadband plans
- Parallels Desktop 14 arrives
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Panasonic FZ1000U OLED TV: Full, in-depth, review
- Oppo Find X: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies