So, what do I want out of my next laptop and what must it include?
Basta Computing Rasputin
Rasputin is a nice piece of software in search of a problem.
- Breeze to use
- Not everyone will need it
Rasputin is perfect for maintaining a dialup or time-out broadband internet connection. If you need it, it will work well for you.
Price$ 12.95 (AUD)
Note: Pricing for this product is in US$.
Rasputin is a nice piece of software in search of a problem: it sends data at regular intervals to your ISP so that your ISP doesn't disconnect you after you've been inactive for a certain amount of time.
Back in the days of dialup modems, this used to be a problem, but in the days of broadband access, the need for Rasputin has largely diminished.
So unless you're a dialup user, or your broadband ISP disconnects you after a certain interval of non-use, you'll need Rasputin only if you're having connection problems. It may help to maintain a 3G connection, too.
If that's the case, however, you'll find Rasputin a breeze to run. Install it, tell the program your kind of internet access, and tell it the interval at which you want to send a signal, and it quietly goes about doing its work. Too bad that so few people will need it.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 2 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- WWDC 2018: Apple gives us a first look at an all-new Mac App Store
- Apple combats iPhone throttling backlash with new iOS 12 features
- Budget 2018: Government seeks to boost Australian AI capabilities
- JBL take smart speakers back to the living room Link 300
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
PCW Evaluation Team
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
- Computex 2018: Everything you missed at Asia's biggest tech tradeshow
- Computex 2018: Nvidia launches new AI-focused hardware and software platforms
- Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies