Basta Computing Rasputin
Rasputin is a nice piece of software in search of a problem.
- Breeze to use
- Not everyone will need it
Rasputin is perfect for maintaining a dialup or time-out broadband internet connection. If you need it, it will work well for you.
Price$ 12.95 (AUD)
Note: Pricing for this product is in US$.
Rasputin is a nice piece of software in search of a problem: it sends data at regular intervals to your ISP so that your ISP doesn't disconnect you after you've been inactive for a certain amount of time.
Back in the days of dialup modems, this used to be a problem, but in the days of broadband access, the need for Rasputin has largely diminished.
So unless you're a dialup user, or your broadband ISP disconnects you after a certain interval of non-use, you'll need Rasputin only if you're having connection problems. It may help to maintain a 3G connection, too.
If that's the case, however, you'll find Rasputin a breeze to run. Install it, tell the program your kind of internet access, and tell it the interval at which you want to send a signal, and it quietly goes about doing its work. Too bad that so few people will need it.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Optimizely expands its enterprise-focused offerings
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCMid-Level Oracle SQL DeveloperWA
- CCSQL DeveloperQLD
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTConfiguration AnalystOther
- FTProject Manager - SAP PPMOther
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Telecommunications & ITSA
- TPSystem TesterQLD
- FTSoftware DeveloperOther
- FTInfrastructure Architect (EUC)Other
- CCRPA Developer / Consultant - Contract Initially - SydneyNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCiMIS SpecialistNSW
- FT.Net - Sitecore DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Capacity PlannerVIC
- FTRadio Communications Field TechnicianOther
- FTTest AnalystOther
- CCBlue Prism DevelopersNSW
- CCProject SchedulerWA
- FTProgram Manager - Agile / DigitalOther
- FTBusiness Development Manager - IT RecruitmentOther
- CCTraining and Support LeadACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Accounting / Financial DataOther
- FTIT Project ManagerOther
- CCSite Acquisition CoordinatorNSW