Basta Computing Rasputin
Rasputin is a nice piece of software in search of a problem.
- Breeze to use
- Not everyone will need it
Rasputin is perfect for maintaining a dialup or time-out broadband internet connection. If you need it, it will work well for you.
Price$ 12.95 (AUD)
Note: Pricing for this product is in US$.
Rasputin is a nice piece of software in search of a problem: it sends data at regular intervals to your ISP so that your ISP doesn't disconnect you after you've been inactive for a certain amount of time.
Back in the days of dialup modems, this used to be a problem, but in the days of broadband access, the need for Rasputin has largely diminished.
So unless you're a dialup user, or your broadband ISP disconnects you after a certain interval of non-use, you'll need Rasputin only if you're having connection problems. It may help to maintain a 3G connection, too.
If that's the case, however, you'll find Rasputin a breeze to run. Install it, tell the program your kind of internet access, and tell it the interval at which you want to send a signal, and it quietly goes about doing its work. Too bad that so few people will need it.
Join the newsletter!
Why virtualise your NAS environment?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPProject Manager - ICT Infrastructure - SecurityQLD
- FTSenior BA ( Squad BA)Other
- FTSAP Ariba Project ManagerOther
- TPLevel 1 HelpdeskQLD
- FTApplication Support Analyst - SydneyOther
- FTAD LeadOther
- FTService Asset & Configuration ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Cost ModellerOther
- TPSenior Project Manager | Process & SystemsQLD
- FTSQL Infrastructure Engineer / DBAOther
- FTSenior Cisco Unified Communication Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst (Junior - Mid Level)NSW
- CCUnix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCTelco Network EngineerVIC
- FTUX & Research SpecialistOther
- TPInstructional DesignerVIC
- FTProject Manager - DatawarehouseACT
- FTAWS AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior iOS Software EngineerOther
- CCFull Stack Web DeveloperNSW
- FTUX Design Manager (Urgent!!)Other
- TPSnr SQL DBAQLD
- FTLead/Senior DevOps EngineerOther