Avanquest VCom Fix-It Utilities 6.0
- Plenty of options, Monitors system resources
- No technical support, May be confusing for beginners
It’s not the best in its category, but Fix-It Utilities is a substantial improvement on previous releases and is packed with plenty of features.
Price$ 89.00 (AUD)
No matter how much you adore it, one day your PC may crash. It might get a virus, the Registry could tie itself in knots, and it may throw hard-drive and software tantrums at the worst possible moments. This is where Avanquest's VCom Fix-It Utilities comes in.
Hot on the heels of Iolo's System Mechanic Pro, Fix-It leaves its other main rival, Norton SystemWorks, where it belongs - back in 2005. Whereas Norton has a habit of repackaging the same old disk-utility tools in a nice new box, Fix-It has brought out the big guns for this particular release.
Its powerful fusion of hard disk tools, drive defragmentation, data recovery and antivirus would have been complete, if only it had incorporated live technical support. We can't help thinking that the number of options alone will confuse beginners.
In fact, Fix-It bulges with so many impressive features, it almost tries too hard. It could do without some of the lesser inclusions. For instance, you can synchronise your clock with any online source, or log your Windows error messages.
As an antivirus program alone, Fix-It isn't too bad. As well as automatic web updates and email and file scanning, it sports an option to remove viruses without prompting. It's definitely a useful antidote to forgetfulness.
But this isn't just an antivirus tool and Fix-It will speed up, clean up and fix your system. It can defrag and optimise your hard drive, make Registry access more efficient, plus find and fix errors in your hardware. It can even scan for spyware, make a rescue disk, and monitor system resources. What more could you ask for?
Fix-It still has some way to go if it wants to be top of its field; however, it does what it's supposed to, and it's definitely an improvement on earlier versions.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
- Dragon Gets NDIS Approval
- NAB go in on Google Assistant integration with new app
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- iPhone 8
- Canon 6D MK II: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Software Engineer - DigitalVIC
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTPermanent Project SchedulerACT
- CCSAP WCEM/Java DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Digital Producer | 6 Month ContractOther
- CCLean Six Sigma Black Belt ? 6 month contractVIC
- CCMultiple Business AnalystsACT
- CCSenior .NET Engineer - Back-EndNSW
- FTIT Desktop ManagerOther
- FTProgram ManagerOther
- FTSenior Systems Analyst - Network/InfrastructureOther
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTApplication Support HP ALMACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist - Senior roleOther
- FTTest AnalystACT
- FTIT Project ManagerOther
- FTInfrastructure Business AnalystOther
- CCRF Engineer - Melbourne Based, Start ASAPVIC
- TPNetwork EngineerQLD
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTConfiguration AnalystOther
- FTService Desk Analyst/Telecommunications Service AnalystOther
- FTPortfolio Performance LeadOther