AV Labs AVL325s
- Above average sound
- No optical input
The AV Labs AVL325s is a decent 5.1 sound system for PC users.
Price$ 189.95 (AUD)
The AV Labs AVL325 is a 5.1 speaker system, designed primarily for PC use. It offers fairly good sound quality that tends to be bass heavy, along with an infra red remote, making it a decent choice for those after surround sound on their computer.
The system comes with a standard set up of five satellite speakers and a subwoofer. Our testing revealed that the subwoofer was the dominant element, pumping out high levels of bass which somewhat overshadowed the other elements of the music. That said, the quality of the bass wasn't all that high in both our movie and games testing and we felt it lacked the necessary punch to truly make the experience immersive.
The high treble registers were quite good, with only a slight amount of harshness, but this complemented the gritty, metallic sound of the system. We were pleased with the level of detail and separation, and while it won't match that of a more expensive system, it was more than adequate considering the price tag.
Surround sound was well handled, with nice transitions between the front and back speakers. It doesn't compete with a fully fledged home theatre system, but those after a basic 5.1 gaming experience will be satisfied by this package.
Aesthetically, the system is fairly plain, with a black colour scheme and speaker grills across the front. However, the small speakers mean it should fit unobtrusively into a regular PC setup. The only exception to this is the subwoofer, which is quite large, so a fair bit of room will need to be set aside for it. We also tested the included infrared remote control, which has all the music navigation functions you'd expect, and worked well.
The speakers are connected to the subwoofer via standard speaker cables, with red and black wires clearly marked for easy setup. Sound is input via one of three RCA connections. We'd have liked to see a digital option, but on a relatively cheap system such as this it isn't essential.
Overall, this is a fairly standard speaker system. It provides above average sound quality at a relatively competitive price, and may be a good choice if you're looking to make the jump to 5.1 surround sound.
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Apple iPhone X
Toys for Boys
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Bose SoundLink Micro
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Xbox One X
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- The Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Will Now Resist the Elements
- Logitech Unveils MX ERGO, their first trackball in nearly a decade
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
- MSI's new Ryzen-ready motherboard coming to Oz
- Seagate Expands Portfolio with 12TB Drives for NAS and Desktop Computing
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Wolfenstein The New Colossus Review: a Nazi-stomping shooter that's more than the sum of its parts
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPPrincipal Data AnalystQLD
- FTManagement Consultant, Strategy, New Products, TransformationsOther
- FTDevOps Engineer - Financial ServicesOther
- TPProcurement ManagerACT
- CCProcess LeadNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager x 2 (Infrastructure)NSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerWA
- CCLSS BPMN Process Improvement AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Portfolio Analyst. 12 month contract.NSW
- CCPNI ConsultantVIC
- CCLean Six Sigma Process Improvement Specialist - MELBOURNEQLD
- CCDesktop Support TechnicianOther
- FTJuniper EngineerOther
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTPageUp BAOther
- CCSolaris / Oracle SPARC administratorVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystOther
- FTInfrastructure Architect (EUC)Other
- FTSERVICE DESK - ENTRY LEVELSA
- FTAgile Project ManagerOther
- CCProject Implementation Support - Telecom IndustryVIC
- FTSenior Application DeveloperOther
- CCProperty Project Manager - Office ExpansionNSW
- CCSupply Master Data Analyst - Procurement & Supply Chain - TelcoVIC
- FTPayroll officerOther