- Accurate music reproduction
- Need a subwoofer if you're after tooth-rattling bass for movies and games
The Audioengine A2 speaker set should be on the short list of anyone who values good musical reproduction over chest-thumping bass.
Price$ 299.00 (AUD)
If you're serious about music but you currently listen to tunes through a pair of tinny, cheapo PC speakers, check out Audioengine's $319.00 A2 speakers. They can fill a room with sound without taking up much physical space.
Powered by an integrated amp in one speaker, the Audioengine A2s fit nicely on your desk and offer a big sound that belies their small size (102x133x152mm, width by depth by height). Clearly geared toward accurate music reproduction, the Audioengine A2 speakers offer remarkable imaging and excellent transparency in my tests, which we performed after 30 hours of burn-in and using lossless FLAC files and a high-quality external DAC.
When we cued up Diana Krall's "Deed I Do" from her Live in Paris recording, we could easily locate each musician on the soundstage. The notes were clear, and Krall's voice was deep and appropriately sultry. Suffice to say, the Audioengine A2s reproduce music so well that you may find yourself stopping to listen instead of working.
When you're listening to music, the Audioengine A2s produce a good amount of bass without a subwoofer. If you're seeking tooth-rattling bass for movies and games, however, this two-speaker package isn't for you, although Audioengine does offer a separate subwoofer. The speakers supply plenty of volume, but controlling the levels can be a chore since the volume knob resides on the back of the left speaker. Admittedly this design makes for a clean, refined-looking speaker, whether in matte black (the Audioengine A2B model we tested) or glossy white (A2W).
Join the newsletter!
Why virtualise your NAS environment?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- HTC Desire 12 release date, price and specs
- Intel launches 800P Optane SSD
- Radeon Software Brings Faster, Smoother Performance to the World’s Most Popular eSports Titles, Thanks to AMD’s Project ReSX
- Logitech try to reinvent the keyboard experience with Logitech CRAFT
- First AMD Ryzen Desktop APUs Featuring World’s Most Powerful Graphics on a Desktop Processor
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPLinux Automation EngineerQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCDeployment ManagerACT
- FTPrincipal Consultant - Scheduling & Planning (Primavera & MSP)Other
- TPPMO AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Quality LeadVIC
- CCPega ArchitectNSW
- FTJava Developer (API)Other
- FTOracle Database Engineer - EXADATAOther
- FTCCNA Network EngineerOther
- CCOracle Financial Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCNetwork Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Support AnalystOther
- TPSoftware EngineerACT
- TPIT Trainer - System ReleaseWA
- FTSenior Business Analyst - AgileOther
- CCiOS Developer - Brisbane locationVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCTelco Network EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack Developer - Blue Chip CompanyOther
- FTHosting/Virtualisation ArchitectACT
- FTProject Co-ordinatorNSW
- FTStorage Operations ManagerOther
- CCSite Acquisition Officer - Adelaide basedSA
- FTProject Manager - DatawarehouseACT