Atlus Touch Detective 2 1/2
- Same wacky humour and gameplay of the original
- It probably won't change your mind if you didn't like the first one
If you liked the quirky art style, strange mysteries and wacky music, then you should definitely pick this one up. If the first title didn't thrill you, then pass it on by.
Mackenzie, the quirky little star of Touch Detective is back to solve more cases, only this time she's a full-fledged member of the Great Detective Society.
This curiously named sequel is basically the same game as the first -- Mackenzie still lives in her house with her butler, Cromwell, and Funghi, the sidekick of who-knows-what species. The spaced-out Penelope shows up with a problem and Chloe isn't far behind, ready to stick her Super Sleuthing nose into everyone's business.
Quirky doesn't begin to describe it
Initially, the game looks and plays the same as the original as you control everything using the stylus and the touch screen -- no buttons required. So, is 2 1/2 just more of what fans of the original Touch Detective have come to expect? Real detectives will notice the small changes first (like the "special sauce" on Funghi's food), but there are plenty of big ones as well.
The biggest improvement over the first game is the way the environment has been expanded. The core areas -- your office, the shopping centre, the condos -- are all still there but they all have some differences, like the new antique shop downtown. We also dug the new level settings, such as the archaeological dig site and the haunted mansion -- the game even has one level set on a train, which is about as classic as you can get.
You'll also take on some zany cases whose setups are even stranger than those in the first game, with even more crazy characters appearing. What do noodles have to do with dimensional faults? Why do Seabottom Dwellers live in the mountains? And who is The Cornstalker?
Aside from that, Touch Detective 2 1/2 is just more of the same, so your enjoyment will depend on what you thought of the first. If you liked the quirky art style, strange mysteries and wacky music, then you should definitely pick this one up. If the first title didn't thrill you, then pass it on by. We enjoyed solving cases with Mackenzie again, especially considering the game's low price.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- MSI GE73 7RF VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
- Sony ghillie up with new Call of Duty bundle
- HyperX Reveals Next Generation Cloud Alpha Gaming Headset
- Acer expands gaming notebook lineup with Predator Helios 300
- Razer unveil new Basilisk mouse built for FPS gaming
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSenior Organisational Change ManagerOther
- FTApplication Service Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTProject Manager- Cloud -Federal GovernmentOther
- FTEnd User Support OfficerSA
- FTSenior Software DeveloperACT
- FTApplication Security AnalystOther
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Technical Support EngineerACT
- TPPHP DeveloperWA
- TPData Migration Developer - SalesforceNSW
- CCSAP Functional LeadNSW
- TPBusiness Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCThe job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now ExpiredQLD
- CCTechnical Lead - VMWareVIC
- TPSenior Analyst|Progress ProgrammerQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - Go to Market / Channel ReadinessOther
- CCFilenet Developer - BrisbaneQLD
- CCService Designer - GovernmentNSW
- FTSenior Master Data Officer- SAP , VLookup, Pivot, FinanceOther
- FTTest Data Management ConsultantVIC
- FTWindows EngineerACT
- FTDelivery ManagerVIC
- FTJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End Developer (Brisbane location)VIC
- FTDeployment Project CoordinatorOther