ATI Group TV Wonder USB 2.0
- Easy to install and set up, timeshifting works well, good performance, quality remote available
- Overly designed control panel, remote costs extra
Impressive features for a reasonable price make this USB tuner a top solution for putting TV on your PC.
Price$ 229.00 (AUD)
The ATI TV Wonder USB 2.0 delivers good performance and provides a host of features that make watching and recording television on a PC almost as trouble-free as doing so with a PVR.
The software, simply called TV, has a control panel that looks like something out of an episode of Star Trek: Enterprise; slick to the point that we mistook the unwieldy volume control as a decorative flourish. Though the control panel takes up more room than it needs to, it's easy to hide.
Readily accessible closed-caption and parental-lock features are nice touches, as is a jog/shuttle control for time-shifted video. You can vary the speed of the rewind and fast-forward functions, too. Right-clicking many of the buttons produces menus of more-advanced options.
ATI has paid a lot of attention to detail: when recording the tuner automatically plucks extra information such as the channel name and program title from the TV signal.
Though no remote control is included, ATI's Remote Wonder is available separately and it's worth the extra money. Because it communicates with its receiver via radio frequency, the Remote Wonder doesn't have to be in line of sight with its receiver as infrared remotes do. This increases the distance from which you can send commands (we were able to change channels from another room). The remote comes with ATI's EazyLook software, which defaults to full-screen viewing and adds enough polish to the TV and timeshifting features to make you forget you're not watching a real TV set.
The TV Wonder performed well on tasks where a couple of other tuners we have tested stumbled. Most notably, when we timeshifted video at high-quality settings, the image quality did not degrade.
Other than a four-step diagram printed on the back of the box, ATI supplies no printed documentation--but you won't need it. The small, lightweight device is easy to install, and you'll be up and running in no time. The TV Wonder USB 2.0 lacks extras found in some other products, such as an FM tuner or software for editing video and burning DVDs, but it performs its core functions so well that it's still great value.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- Logitech say new mouse features the best optical sensor ever designed for wireless gaming
- Razer unveil new Basilisk mouse built for FPS gaming
- HyperX Unveil Heavy-Duty Gaming Keyboard
- NVIDIA Supercharges Rendering Performance with AI
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerOther
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerOther
- FTNetwork Infrastructure Development EngineerNSW
- FTWebMethods DeveloperOther
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- TPAurion Business AnalystQLD
- FTInfrastructure/ Hybrid Cloud Architect - Government OrganisationVIC
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- TPSenior Consultant - ServiceNowNSW
- TPPHP DeveloperWA
- FTBusiness Development Manager - ERP SystemsNSW
- CCApplication Developer - Sterling IntegratorVIC
- FTProcess Specialist x 2Other
- FTEnd User Support OfficerSA
- FTSenior Network Operations EngineerSA
- FTSenior BA Wealth ADVICEOther
- FTFront End DesignerOther
- FTSenior Unica DeveloperOther
- TPTechnical AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Wintel EngineerOther
- CCNetwork Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTJunior Business Intelligence Analyst - Power BIOther
- FTSenior Project Manager - Dynamics CRMOther
- FTSAP Integration ManagerOther