- Stylish design, TV tuner
- Second hard disk would be nice
The overall performance of the W1 is pretty much on par with its competition, but its design and value-added features make it stand out from the pack
Price$ 3,999.00 (AUD)
The W1 is a multimedia notebook with style to spare. Its well-constructed design includes a fingerprint-resistant brushed metal alloy finish on the latchless lid itself (with squeak-free "hidden" screen hinge) and around the keyboard. The palm rest is spacious and there's no gap between it and the glidepad, which reduces dust build-up.
Recessed shortcut buttons are located to the right of the keyboard, speakers along the top and a subwoofer is located underneath the machine to deliver high quality audio. Sound outputs include S/PDIF audio and 3D-out, which provides a faux-4.1 surround sound effect.
The W1's 16:10 wide-aspect display has a maximum resolution of 1680 x 1050. It's bright and quite viewable at angles. The 64MB DDR ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 graphics controller drivers make outputting the display to a TV (via the S-Video output) or external monitor straightforward.
The W1 also features a built-in analog TV tuner and antenna connection. The supplied remote control and ASUS Mobile Theatre software combine to deliver a lounge-room-like experience. You can take snapshots of all channels in a station wall, record and save TV programs, as there's even timeshifting functions. You also receive two full-version games: Gun Metal and Battle Engine Aquila, in addition to a game demo CD.
Overall performance of the W1 is pretty much on par with its competition, but its design and value-added features make it stand out from the pack. It has a two-year return-to-base warranty.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixelbook, Google Home Mini & Max: Everything Announced At Today’s Google Event
- MSI GE73 7RF VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- Acer expands gaming notebook lineup with Predator Helios 300
- ASUS Announces Two New Entries into the VivoBook Range with the VivoBook 14 and VivoBook 15
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCMobile DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (SAP Application )Other
- CCJava Developer- API &Micro servicesNSW
- FTArchsight Delivery ConsultantACT
- TPProject Manager - Data Feed ReplacementVIC
- FTETL DeveloperACT
- FTPersonal AssistantSA
- CCService Desk AnalystACT
- TPAngular DeveloperNSW
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - ApplicationsOther
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCOracle Identity & Access Management AdministratorNSW
- FTSAP Lead Solution ArchitectOther
- FTTransport Capacity Planner - Telecom domainVIC
- TPProject ManagerNSW
- FTCloud EngineerOther
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSupport EngineerSA
- FTDomain ArchitectOther
- FTTechnical Support OfficerOther
- FTLead PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP Payroll Test LeadOther
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCMid-Level Oracle SQL DeveloperSA