The VH236H LCD monitor has a 1920x1080 native 1080p high-definition resolution
- Showed crisp text and bright colours, includes a multitude of extra features
- Offers few physical adjustments
The VH236H has a 1920x1080 native 1080p high-definition resolution; and its admirable performance in our motion tests suits it for movies and other forms of entertainment. Its US$239 price tag makes it an even more appealing option.
The shiny, black Asus VH236H showed good image quality and smooth video in our subjective tests, making it a nice, well-priced monitor for entertainment-centric buyers. We also saw fine, easy-to-read text on both black and white backgrounds. Photographs generally looked lively and had realistic color, though colors in a few photos appeared slightly dull. The VH236H also handled our motion tests well, showing little visible fluttering. Its solid performance in those tests makes this monitor a good choice for gaming and other motion-intensive tasks.
This monitor hosts a multitude of ports on the rear, including HDMI, DVI, VGA, and audio-in, plus an S/PDIF jack. All are clearly labeled and easy to access, so plugging in cables is a breeze. The VH236H comes with a built-in speaker, which is adequate for basic office tasks but not for music or movies. Another noticeable shortcoming is the absence of any USB ports.
Five buttons on the front of the monitor manage the on-screen display, which is fairly easy to navigate. The OSD includes an array of brightness modes, such as scenery, standard, theater, and night view. A separate brightness control enables you to make more-minute adjustments. The display tilts but cannot swivel.
The VH236H has a 1920x1080 native 1080p high-definition resolution; and its admirable performance in our motion tests suits it for movies and other forms of entertainment. Its US$239 price tag makes it an even more appealing option in the current new monitor marketplace.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By ASUS
- BenQ Celebrates Modern Sleekness with Newest Monitors for Home and Office
- AOC Unveils AG322QCX AGON Gaming Display Bolstered for Battle
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Is My Smart Speaker Always Listening?
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Monster Hunter World review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCNetwork Designer l MPLS, ISP, Data Centre design and migrationNSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCCisco Engineer - Perth basedQLD
- FTChange AnalystOther
- CCHadoop DeveloperVIC
- FTPublic Cloud Infrastructure EngineerOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- CCInstructional DesignerNSW
- FTNetwork Support Engineer - Level 2/3NSW
- FTService Asset & Configuration ManagerNSW
- CCPortfolio Coordinator / Administrator - BrisbaneNSW
- FTScrum MasterOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - Wealth & Fund Management ApplicationsOther
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Consultant - .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCInfoSphere SpecialistNSW
- CCChange Communications Specialist l Port Macquarie NSWNSW
- FTChange AnalystOther
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCSQL Database AdministratorQLD
- FTApplications Solution ArchitectOther