MSI looks to add executive chic to a winning laptop formula
- Lightweight, high performance
- Runs too hot
The ASUS has big application performance and a sleek physical appearance.
Price$ 2,999.00 (AUD)
Here is another portable option for the mobile professional or student requiring the latest performance without the usual weight.
The ASUS V6000V weighs just 2.6kg and scored 92 in our PC WorldBench 5 productivity application benchmark--a very high score for a notebook this light.
It uses Intel's updated Centrino platform. It features a distinguished design, sturdy build and dropped-down hinges for the 15" display. There's also ample palm rest area on either side of the touchpad/scroll buttons. Fetching blue status LED lights are used in various places and application shortcut keys are placed discreetly above the keyboard.
Unfortunately, we noticed that the palm rests tended to get a bit warm, and we had intermittent cursor skipping issues even with the Synaptics Touchpad software installed and tweaked.
The DVD writer and PC Card bays are located on the left of the machine, in addition to the infrared, FireWire and VGA-out ports. On the right, you'll find four USB 2.0 ports, audio connections, Ethernet plus 56Kbps modem ports and the multi-card reader.
This is a solid unit (with a few niggling issues) that ships with a two-year pick-up-and-return warranty, and a good software bundle.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 ASUS TUF FX505 (Ryzen 7) review: Tolerable trade-offs
- 2 Google Pixel 4 XL review (2019): Full Resolution
- 3 Google Pixel 3a review: Less is more
- 4 Moto G7 review: The new gold standard for budget buyers
- 5 JBL Free X review: Better battery life comes at a cost
Latest News Articles
- Dell offers insights on 5G, foldables and the future of XPS
- Samsung's latest Snapdragon-powered laptop arrives on Jan 31
- How foldables fit into the next phase of Intel’s Project Athena
- Dell can't choose between dual-screen or foldable PCs - so they brought both to CES 2020
- MSI show off Mini-LED laptop for content creators
PCW Evaluation Team
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
- Oppo Reno2 Z review
- HP Spectre x360 13: Full, in-depth review
- Here's how much the Motorola Razr will cost in Australia
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies