- Lightweight, high performance
- Runs too hot
The ASUS has big application performance and a sleek physical appearance.
Price$ 2,999.00 (AUD)
Here is another portable option for the mobile professional or student requiring the latest performance without the usual weight.
The ASUS V6000V weighs just 2.6kg and scored 92 in our PC WorldBench 5 productivity application benchmark--a very high score for a notebook this light.
It uses Intel's updated Centrino platform. It features a distinguished design, sturdy build and dropped-down hinges for the 15" display. There's also ample palm rest area on either side of the touchpad/scroll buttons. Fetching blue status LED lights are used in various places and application shortcut keys are placed discreetly above the keyboard.
Unfortunately, we noticed that the palm rests tended to get a bit warm, and we had intermittent cursor skipping issues even with the Synaptics Touchpad software installed and tweaked.
The DVD writer and PC Card bays are located on the left of the machine, in addition to the infrared, FireWire and VGA-out ports. On the right, you'll find four USB 2.0 ports, audio connections, Ethernet plus 56Kbps modem ports and the multi-card reader.
This is a solid unit (with a few niggling issues) that ships with a two-year pick-up-and-return warranty, and a good software bundle.
Join the newsletter!
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Apple iPhone X
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
cloudandco Smart Cane
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Toys for Boys
Google Daydream View VR Headset
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Bose SoundLink Micro
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Xbox One X
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 2 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 3 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 4 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By ASUS
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By Dell
- macOS High Sierra ‘root’ security issue allows admin access to your Mac—but there's a fix
- Acer attempts to woo Australian gamers with reveal of its new Predator range
- Lenovo ThinkPad celebrates 25 years of cutting edge technology
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories and wireless charging
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- CES 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCDesktop/Field Services EngineerQLD
- FTTest Manager - InfrastructureOther
- FTNatural/ADABAS ProgrammerOther
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- FTJava DevelopersVIC
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- FTIT Security OfficerACT
- FTIT Contract Analyst/ ManagerOther
- FTOpenText ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Scrum MasterOther
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerOther
- CCSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTNatural/ADABAS ProgrammerNSW
- FTIT Support OfficerWA
- FTGun Java Developers wantedVIC
- CCTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - HP Service Manager 9NSW
- CCSolution Architect ? Office 365 MigrationQLD
- CCSenior Test Coordinator - IMRNSW
- CCSenior Development DBA - OracleNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Wealth & AgileOther
- FTFront End DeveloperOther
- TPBusiness Consulting Senior PrincipalACT
- CCBusiness AdministratorNSW