- Contrast ratio, attractive design.
- Buttons, colour reproduction.
Despite its limitations, this monitor is compelling because it has very good contrast. We think its best use is for watching DVDs.
Price$ 699.00 (AUD)
Asus is looking to differentiate itself with its 19in widescreen LCD monitor, the PW191. And the industrial design of the PW191 is definitely eye-catching: a black bezel surrounds the screen, while a silver base props it up, allowing it to swivel and pivot.
The monitor's controls are also out of the ordinary. They are based on a feather-touch design, rather than being physical buttons. To activate them, you simply rest your finger on the label and hope that it gets recognised. Unfortunately, in our tests we found the buttons did not always work. It took a lot of time before we could properly calibrate the monitor with DisplayMate.
Using DisplayMate, we found the panel's contrast to be very good: all light-grey levels were visible on a white background. Its brightness was not able to show many dark-grey levels on a black background. Its black colouring is very rich, however.
As for colour reproduction, the monitor relies on a 6-bit LCD panel, which means it does not have the capability to reproduce all of the colours that your graphics card can output. As such, dithering is used to create the colours that aren't in its palette. Despite this limitation, tests using colour scales were accurate, with no shift in hues, and our test photographs looked rich and vibrant. While most photos were well-detailed and looked great as they shone through the gloss-coated panel, the lack of brightness meant that photos with shadows and dark areas were not well defined.
For gaming, the monitor has a pixel response rating of 8ms, but we did notice a lot of ghosting in our text-scrolling tests.
Join the newsletter!
Apple iPhone X
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
cloudandco Smart Cane
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Toys for Boys
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Bose SoundLink Micro
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Xbox One X
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 2 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 3 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 4 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By ASUS
- BenQ Celebrates Modern Sleekness with Newest Monitors for Home and Office
- AOC Unveils AG322QCX AGON Gaming Display Bolstered for Battle
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- JBL Link 10 review: Full, in-depth review
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- CES 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSQL / .Net Developers (1 Snr & 2 Mid Level)WA
- FTCyber Security EngineerOther
- CCGenesys ConsultantACT
- CCApplication DeveloperNSW
- TPJava DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Manager - EDRMSQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - MortgagesOther
- CCSharePoint / Web DeveloperNSW
- FTPower BI /SQL DeveloperOther
- FTCRM DeveloperACT
- TPTechnical WriterQLD
- FTHOGAN Technical ConsultantOther
- TPSolution Architect - HealthQLD
- FTSenior Data Services and ETL developerNSW
- FTSenior Change ManagerACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - MortgagesOther
- FTKnowledge AnalystOther
- FTSenior Test AnalystOther
- CCSite Acquisition/ RF Engineer EngineerNSW
- FTSecurity Cleared Network EngineerACT
- FTPortfolio & Governance Senior AnalystVIC
- FTSAP Functional Analyst- Time Management, VIM, BPC, HCM FioriOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTAutomation Test Analyst- QTP/UFT scripting - X5Other
- CCProcess Improvement and Change Specialist - TelcoVIC