ASUS P5WD2 Premium WiFi-TV Edition
- Excellent performance in graphics and multitasking, Digital TV on board.
- Troublesome bios
All up, we love the amount of features and innovations this board offers, but are disappointed that our test board was temperamental
Price$ 449.00 (AUD)
Our first impressions were not overly positive. After building up this Intel 955X-based board with our test components, we could not get it to boot without it telling us that our CPU was overclocked. Triple-checked BIOS settings suggested that our CPU was indeed running at 2.8GHz and was being identified as a dual-core part. Updating to the latest BIOS did not solve the problem. However, we soldiered on, and we did eventually get performance results out of this board. Its results were excellent, particularly in the multitasking tests and in the graphics tests.
Its features were also excellent. It comes with a multifunction PCI card that can provide you with 802.11a/b/g wireless networking, FM radio reception, plus analog and digital TV reception.
That's the fancy part of the board. The more common features include an integrated four-port Intel SATA RAID controller and a two-port Silicon Image SATA controller. One of the ports attached to this controller is located externally on the rear port cluster of the motherboard. Conveniently, this cluster also features a FireWire port, a parallel port and two Gigabit Ethernet ports, which are controlled by Intel and Marvell controller chips, respectively.
An expansion bracket with a serial port and another with a game port make this package one of the most versatile.
What we find interesting with this board is the addition of a second PCIe 16X slot, which runs in 4X mode but can house a second graphics adapter. This could come in handy if you wanted to run more than three monitors, although the second graphics card would need to be able to run in 4X mode. Even more interestingly, ASUS supplies an SLI connector with this board, even though Intel chipsets do not support two graphics cards running in SLI mode. ASUS calls this connector a GT Soft Bridge, and it may be used for unspecified future upgrades.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 3 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 4 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- Logitech say new mouse features the best optical sensor ever designed for wireless gaming
- Razer unveil new Basilisk mouse built for FPS gaming
- HyperX Unveil Heavy-Duty Gaming Keyboard
- NVIDIA Supercharges Rendering Performance with AI
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTWireless Solution Architect - 6mth ContractOther
- FTProcess Specialist (Continuous Improvement)Other
- FTSQL DeveloperOther
- FTApplication Support Team Lead l Experience with health applicationsNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTERP ConsultantQLD
- FTHadoop DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Development DBA - OracleNSW
- FTNode.js DeveloperNSW
- FTDeputy Chief Engineer - Defence Systems - IT Services - Sydney BasedNSW
- FTData ScientistOther
- CCProgram Evaluation ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Process AnalystOther
- FTSecurity ArchitectOther
- FTSenior Master Data Officer- SAP , VLookup, Pivot, FinanceOther
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW
- CCSenior Developer - Oracle - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior IT Recruitment Consultant - CommercialOther
- FTBI Service Operations LeadOther
- FTSoftware DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Software EngineerNSW
- CCWindows 10 Deployment Team LeadVIC
- CCData Business AnalystNSW
- FTBackend Java DeveloperNSW