ASUS P5WD2-e Premium
- Reliable, Lots of options
An ideal choice for the enthusiast user.
Price$ 399.00 (AUD)
If you enjoy tinkering and getting the best performance from your hardware, then this premium board from ASUS will delight. It's based on Intel's 975X chipset and it natively supports DDR2 memory up to 800MHz - providing good headroom for overclocking. The board will work with Pentium D and Pentium Processor Extreme Edition CPUs and it has support for next-generation 65nm (nanometre) CPUs, too.
Cooling of the board's components is well thought out. Heat sinks reside on the Northbridge and Southbridge chipsets, as well as on the fast-switching transistors around the CPU socket area. ASUS also implements its Stack Cool 2 technology, which dissipates heat from critical components through the circuit board itself.
This is the most reliable Intel board we have seen in recent tests, even with the ASUS non-delay overclocking feature enabled. Our tests finished a few seconds faster with this feature turned on, which adjusts the CPU speed depending on the system load. You can adjust speeds and voltages manually, too. The CPU parameter recall feature automatically kicks in if your system becomes unusable during overclocking, and restores your settings without you having to reset the CMOS.
The graphics card levers make the removal of large graphics cards awkward, but hardware installation is a breeze. Likewise, we had no problems with any of the board's drivers or settings. That's impressive considering we installed a brand new Extreme Edition 955 CPU and two ATI Radeon X1900XT cards in CrossFire configuration.
Connectivity includes a complete set of legacy ports as well as an external, hot-pluggable Serial ATA (SATA) port.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Intel launches 800P Optane SSD
- Radeon Software Brings Faster, Smoother Performance to the World’s Most Popular eSports Titles, Thanks to AMD’s Project ReSX
- Logitech try to reinvent the keyboard experience with Logitech CRAFT
- First AMD Ryzen Desktop APUs Featuring World’s Most Powerful Graphics on a Desktop Processor
- MSI AM4 Motherboards are now ready for new AMD 2nd Generation Ryzen Desktop Processors
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - RFTVIC
- CCTRIM - System Administrator - BrisbaneNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- TPLotus Notes DeveloperQLD
- FTProject Manager - ERP implementationOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTSAP Test AnalystsOther
- FTProxy Product Owner - $800pdOther
- CCOffice365 ProPlus SpecialistNSW
- FTDesktop Engineer Level 1 - 2Other
- FTPrincipal Consultant - Scheduling & Planning (Primavera & MSP)Other
- FTReporting Business Analyst - $62 phOther
- CCTalend Integration DeveloperNSW
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- FTSenior Healthcare Pre-Sales Exec. / Clinical Advisor - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorOther
- FTPronto Systems Support SpecialistVIC
- TPPMO AnalystACT
- CCStorage EngineerNSW
- CCXamarin DeveloperNSW
- CCData Migration lead - Energy and GasVIC
- FTProject Co-ordinatorNSW
- TPProject ManagerACT