ASUS P5WD2-e Premium
- Reliable, Lots of options
An ideal choice for the enthusiast user.
Price$ 399.00 (AUD)
If you enjoy tinkering and getting the best performance from your hardware, then this premium board from ASUS will delight. It's based on Intel's 975X chipset and it natively supports DDR2 memory up to 800MHz - providing good headroom for overclocking. The board will work with Pentium D and Pentium Processor Extreme Edition CPUs and it has support for next-generation 65nm (nanometre) CPUs, too.
Cooling of the board's components is well thought out. Heat sinks reside on the Northbridge and Southbridge chipsets, as well as on the fast-switching transistors around the CPU socket area. ASUS also implements its Stack Cool 2 technology, which dissipates heat from critical components through the circuit board itself.
This is the most reliable Intel board we have seen in recent tests, even with the ASUS non-delay overclocking feature enabled. Our tests finished a few seconds faster with this feature turned on, which adjusts the CPU speed depending on the system load. You can adjust speeds and voltages manually, too. The CPU parameter recall feature automatically kicks in if your system becomes unusable during overclocking, and restores your settings without you having to reset the CMOS.
The graphics card levers make the removal of large graphics cards awkward, but hardware installation is a breeze. Likewise, we had no problems with any of the board's drivers or settings. That's impressive considering we installed a brand new Extreme Edition 955 CPU and two ATI Radeon X1900XT cards in CrossFire configuration.
Connectivity includes a complete set of legacy ports as well as an external, hot-pluggable Serial ATA (SATA) port.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Logitech Unveils MX ERGO, their first trackball in nearly a decade
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
- MSI's new Ryzen-ready motherboard coming to Oz
- Seagate Expands Portfolio with 12TB Drives for NAS and Desktop Computing
- Intel's 8th Gen Desktop Processors Go On Sale Today
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Software EngineerOther
- FTSystem AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTICT Cloud Transformation Program Coordinator - SAPOther
- FTTechnical Product ArchitectQLD
- FTDigital BAOther
- FTSenior Change ManagerNSW
- FTCloud ArchitectNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- FTCyber Security- ManagerSA
- CCPega LSA - Banking IndustryVIC
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Network & InfrastructureNSW
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- TPProject Manager - CRMQLD
- FTPL/SQL DeveloperOther
- FTChange Manager, SAPConnect TransformationOther
- FTTelecommunications Field Engineer (x2)WA
- FTInfrastructure Design Engineer, DC Power, CommunicationsOther
- FTSystems Engineer - Identity & AutomationQLD
- TPSenior Test Analyst - GIS DrupalNSW
- FTProgram Director - ieMROther
- TPIT Technical WriterNSW
- FTUX Designer | Mobile ApplicationsOther