ASUS P5WD2-e Premium
- Reliable, Lots of options
An ideal choice for the enthusiast user.
Price$ 399.00 (AUD)
If you enjoy tinkering and getting the best performance from your hardware, then this premium board from ASUS will delight. It's based on Intel's 975X chipset and it natively supports DDR2 memory up to 800MHz - providing good headroom for overclocking. The board will work with Pentium D and Pentium Processor Extreme Edition CPUs and it has support for next-generation 65nm (nanometre) CPUs, too.
Cooling of the board's components is well thought out. Heat sinks reside on the Northbridge and Southbridge chipsets, as well as on the fast-switching transistors around the CPU socket area. ASUS also implements its Stack Cool 2 technology, which dissipates heat from critical components through the circuit board itself.
This is the most reliable Intel board we have seen in recent tests, even with the ASUS non-delay overclocking feature enabled. Our tests finished a few seconds faster with this feature turned on, which adjusts the CPU speed depending on the system load. You can adjust speeds and voltages manually, too. The CPU parameter recall feature automatically kicks in if your system becomes unusable during overclocking, and restores your settings without you having to reset the CMOS.
The graphics card levers make the removal of large graphics cards awkward, but hardware installation is a breeze. Likewise, we had no problems with any of the board's drivers or settings. That's impressive considering we installed a brand new Extreme Edition 955 CPU and two ATI Radeon X1900XT cards in CrossFire configuration.
Connectivity includes a complete set of legacy ports as well as an external, hot-pluggable Serial ATA (SATA) port.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- Logitech say new mouse features the best optical sensor ever designed for wireless gaming
- Razer unveil new Basilisk mouse built for FPS gaming
- HyperX Unveil Heavy-Duty Gaming Keyboard
- NVIDIA Supercharges Rendering Performance with AI
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- FTNetwork Infrastructure Development EngineerNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- FTEnvironment/ Town PlannerOther
- TPDigital Project Manager | Website ReplatformingQLD
- CCNetwork Security ArchitectQLD
- CCProgrammer Analyst - BrisbaneVIC
- CCIOS DeveloperNSW
- FTJava Developer & DevOpsVIC
- FTProject Support OfficerOther
- FTPMO/Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTMicrosoft Analyst ProgrammerOther
- FTSalesforce ArchitectOther
- CCHogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneOther
- FTSAP ISU Device management-FunctionalVIC
- CCApplication Migration EngineerNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperQLD
- TPProject ManagerACT
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerOther
- FTCyber Security Project ManagerOther
- FTSitecore DeveloperNSW
- CCIT SharePoint SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Technical Business Analyst/BSAOther