ASUS P5ND2-SLI Deluxe
- Accepts wide range of processors, excellent performance, automatic overclocking, excellent connectivity,
- Nothing to speak of.
If you're thinking about building a high-end machine for gaming and intensive processing tasks, this board is a sure bet.
Price$ 399.00 (AUD)
The ASUS P5ND2-SLI Deluxe is a motherboard for Pentium 4 processors and is equipped to handle the latest and greatest components you throw at it.
It will handle 64-bit, Extreme Edition and even dual-core processors in its LGA775 CPU socket. In addition, it's also one of the few current Pentium 4 motherboards to support SLI.
This feature has been brought to the Pentium 4 platform courtesy of Nvidia and its nForce4 SLI chipset. The nForce4 chipset also delivers integrated Gigabit Ethernet, plenty of RAID solutions (RAID 0, 1, 0+1, JBOD and even RAID 5) and it also supports SATA2.
We tried the P5ND2-SLI Deluxe motherboard with several processors: Intel's Pentium 4 660 64-bit, 3.46GHz Pentium 4 Extreme Edition and Pentium Extreme Edition 840 dual-core. The board accepted all these CPUs without a hitch.
Our main test configuration during productivity and game testing included two ASUS N6600GT Extreme graphics cards in SLI configuration, one 80GB Samsung SATA drive and 1GB of 533MHz DDR2 memory, along with a Pentium 4 660 processor (3.6GHz).
This configuration achieved a score of 100 in PC WorldBench 5, which was one of the best scores we had seen at the time of testing from of a Pentium 4-based system. We also obtained a score of 6414 in 3DMark2005. Doom 3 testing (at 1280 x 1024 in high quality mode), returned an average frame rate of 123fps with SLI enabled, and 86fps with SLI disabled. Overall, gaming performance on this board was exemplary.
It's fair to say that if you purchase this board now you'll likely not need to upgrade for at least a few years. This is due to the board's wide CPU support, as well as its dual PCI Express 16X graphics slots, SATA2 support and also the fact that it can run DDR2 memory at up to 720MHz (with CPUs that support a 1066MHz frontside bus).
DDR2 667MHz memory is supported natively as well, with ASUS recommending Corsair memory for use with this board, especially if you plan to investigate its overclocking features--of which there are plenty.
It's also worth noting that this motherboard supports ASUS's AI NOS (Artificial Intelligent Non-delay Overclocking System), which automatically boosts a system's performance when a high workload is detected. We did record a slight gain in performance with this feature enabled. This is configured through a graphical interface in Windows, which also allows you to manually tweak your CPU settings.
As for connectivity, this board has everything from legacy ports to an external Serial ATA (SATA) port. Up to ten USB 2.0 ports and two FireWire ports are supported, and the package includes D-brackets with one FireWire and two USB 2.0 ports, respectively. A game/MIDI port is also included.
Join the newsletter!
Bringing VR out of office and study spaces will serve to help it attract the new audiences it needs to continue growing
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Intel launches 800P Optane SSD
- Radeon Software Brings Faster, Smoother Performance to the World’s Most Popular eSports Titles, Thanks to AMD’s Project ReSX
- Logitech try to reinvent the keyboard experience with Logitech CRAFT
- First AMD Ryzen Desktop APUs Featuring World’s Most Powerful Graphics on a Desktop Processor
- MSI AM4 Motherboards are now ready for new AMD 2nd Generation Ryzen Desktop Processors
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBusiness Analyst - Multiple RolesACT
- FTProject Manager, Construction UpgradesNSW
- CCDevOps Engineer - Cloud - GovernmentVIC
- FTSolutions ArchitectOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - Cyber Security TransformationOther
- CCUNIX AdministratorACT
- CCNetwork Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSystem Engineer - TelcoVIC
- CCProject Manager - Power BI, Mobility & IntegrationQLD
- FT.Net Analyst ProgrammerSA
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- FTSenior Project Managers (Multiple roles)Other
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTPronto Systems Support SpecialistVIC
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTServices Delivery ManagerOther
- CCChange and Communication SpecialistWA
- FTOracle SOA DeveloperOther
- FTReporting Business Analyst - $62 phOther
- CCPega Systems Architects/DevelopersACT
- TPProgram CoordinatorQLD
- FTSAP HR LeadOther
- CCTelco Network EngineerVIC
- FTDigital Marketing Manager - Affiliates and PartnersOther