ASUS P5AD2-E Premium
- First-rate documentation, large software bundle, excellent Windows utilities
- IDE controller facing front of case
The P5AD2-E's overclocking controls aren't as precise as those on some other boards, but it's well-designed and has a fine manual.
Price$ 399.00 (AUD)
ASUS's P5AD2-E Premium, an Intel 925XE-based board, produced scattershot performance results during our tests. Though it was a very fast Pentium 4 board in our WorldBench 5 tests, it didn't distinguish itself in the gaming tests. Go figure. Nevertheless, its features are consistently excellent for a Pentium 4 board. Along with integrated 802.11g wireless, it offers two SATA RAID controllers as well as ATA-133 RAID.
The P5AD2-E Premium has one layout quirk we aren't sure we like--an IDE connector that faces towards the front of the PC case, instead of straight up out of the board. That type of connector can allow for easier cable routing in some PC cases, but it can be hard to reach in others.
ASUS's first-rate documentation, a large software bundle, and excellent Windows utilities put the finishing touches on a very nice package.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- Logitech say new mouse features the best optical sensor ever designed for wireless gaming
- Razer unveil new Basilisk mouse built for FPS gaming
- HyperX Unveil Heavy-Duty Gaming Keyboard
- NVIDIA Supercharges Rendering Performance with AI
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTProject Manager | High Profile 4 year Transformation ProjectQLD
- FTData ScientistOther
- FTDigital Acquisition Campaign ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Software DeveloperSA
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- FTSecurity Consultant - Security SDMNSW
- FTDelivery ManagerVIC
- CCScrum Master / Project ManagerNSW
- TPFront End DeveloperQLD
- FTProgram Level Agile CoachOther
- FTFTTx Network Area PlannerOther
- CCService Delivery LeadQLD
- FTETL & SQL Data AnalystOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Security Consultant - WirelessNSW
- CCMultiple Python DeveloperVIC
- FTGeneral Manager - Security, Risk & ComplianceNSW
- CCMultiple Hadoop Developers Canberra, Brisbane, Melbourne or AdelaideSA
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCReporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- TPBusiness Intelligence AnalystSA
- TPProgram Manager - Managed ServicesQLD
- CCService Integration and Delivery Manager- SIAMNSW