ASUS P5AD2-E Premium
- First-rate documentation, large software bundle, excellent Windows utilities
- IDE controller facing front of case
The P5AD2-E's overclocking controls aren't as precise as those on some other boards, but it's well-designed and has a fine manual.
Price$ 399.00 (AUD)
ASUS's P5AD2-E Premium, an Intel 925XE-based board, produced scattershot performance results during our tests. Though it was a very fast Pentium 4 board in our WorldBench 5 tests, it didn't distinguish itself in the gaming tests. Go figure. Nevertheless, its features are consistently excellent for a Pentium 4 board. Along with integrated 802.11g wireless, it offers two SATA RAID controllers as well as ATA-133 RAID.
The P5AD2-E Premium has one layout quirk we aren't sure we like--an IDE connector that faces towards the front of the PC case, instead of straight up out of the board. That type of connector can allow for easier cable routing in some PC cases, but it can be hard to reach in others.
ASUS's first-rate documentation, a large software bundle, and excellent Windows utilities put the finishing touches on a very nice package.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Logitech Unveils MX ERGO, their first trackball in nearly a decade
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
- MSI's new Ryzen-ready motherboard coming to Oz
- Seagate Expands Portfolio with 12TB Drives for NAS and Desktop Computing
- Intel's 8th Gen Desktop Processors Go On Sale Today
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTPMO Project Coordinator, Multiple projectsOther
- FTSenior Network Engineer (RUN-BAU)VIC
- FTBusiness AnalaystSA
- CCAngular DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - AdviceOther
- FTSenior Systems Engineer (WINTEL)ACT
- CCPHP DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior DevOps LeadVIC
- FTSenior PHP Developer / Team LeadNSW
- FTDesktop / SCCM EngineerOther
- FTChange Manager, IT & Business ProjectsOther
- CCCRM Technical ConsultantWA
- CCSystem Analyst - AxwayACT
- FTReporting AnalystQLD
- FTSystems Engineer - Identity & AutomationQLD
- FTTableau DeveloperQLD
- CCInfrastructure Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTRigger TechniciansOther
- FTChange Analyst, Transformation, SAPOther
- CCLSS BPMN Process Improvement AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Siebel DeveloperOther
- TPBusiness Analysis, Design and Configuration ManagerQLD
- FTSalesforce Platform LeadOther
- CCCRM DeveloperVIC
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW