ASUS MyPal A730W Pocket PC
- Excellent display quality
- Low battery life, blurry photos
The ASUS MyPal A730 packs a lot of features into an attractive package, but it could make better use of some of them.
Price$ 899.00 (AUD)
The MyPal A730's 3.7" screen is one of the best-looking PDA displays we've seen, with bright, vivid colours and sharp text. It's also one of the few PDA screens with VGA (640 x 480) resolution. The A730 runs Windows Mobile 2003 OS Second Edition, which allows you to rotate the screen into landscape orientation--a definite plus for working on things like spreadsheets.
The A730 has two memory card slots, one for reading CompactFlash cards and the other for reading SD or SDIO cards. It has full-duplex sound capabilities for playing back and recording sound; but it lacks 802.11 wireless networking circuitry. On the other hand, you can use its Bluetooth wireless adapter to connect to the Internet through a cell phone; I found this feature easy to set up and use.
The removable 1100-milliampere-hour battery provides an adequate battery life of around three hours in general use--significantly less than many Palm OS devices, but probably enough for a day's work. You can buy spare batteries for extended days and longer trips, though the only way to charge them is in the PDA itself. The included SmartKeeper software will automatically back up the data in the onboard memory to a memory card, thereby preserving the data if the battery runs out completely.
The A730 also has a built-in camera capable of taking photos (at a maximum resolution of 1280 x 970) and short videos. ASUS refers to an included light as a flash, but it's really just a white LED that can't illuminate anything beyond a couple of feet. The camera takes adequate pictures, but the images are somewhat blurry (especially in low-light situations) and their quality is on a par with what you'd get from a typical camera phone.
The 520-MHz XScale processor is speedy, but slower than the 620-MHz processor found in high-end iPAQs and in the Dell Axim X30.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Belkin Introduces USB-C 3.1 Express Dock HD
- Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10 Will Come To Australia
- Boost Mobile Doubles Data Offering With New Summer Plans
- BlackBerry KEYone Black Launches in Australia
- HTC U11 Plus latest rumours: Release date, price and specs
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Risk and Compliance StreamOther
- CCAdlib DeveloperVIC
- FTSecurity Cleared Network EngineerACT
- FTService Desk CoordinatorVIC
- FTSenior Change ManagerACT
- CCWeb PublisherACT
- FTHead of Quality AssuranceNSW
- FTSenior Application DeveloperOther
- FTSQL DeveloperACT
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCTeam Assistant/Executive Assistant - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst (Infrastructure Projects)Other
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java/ J2EE DeveloperACT
- FTUX Researcher - ContractNSW
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperOther
- FTProject Manager/Business AnalystQLD
- FTCampaigns & Events ManagerOther
- FTICT TrainerOther
- FTPrincipal Architect/ConsultantOther
- FTChange ManagerSA
- FTContract Specialist - TelecomOther
- FTCyber Security Program ManagerNSW
- CCDesktop Support TechnicianOther
- TPCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCDevelopers ? Multiple opportunitiesQLD