World's slimmest 22-inch LCD monitor
- Design, HDMI input, hardened anti-reflection glass, build quality, image mode presets
- Not height adjustable, slight backlight bleeding, fine details sometimes lost
It may be the world’s slimmest 22in monitor, but this unit still delivers reasonable performance.
Price$ 599.00 (AUD)
With diamond cut corners, a leather panel below the screen and anti-reflection glass, ASUS’ LS221H certainly looks sophisticated. At just 45mm thick, ASUS claims it is also the world’s slimmest 22in LCD monitor.
The LS221H is certainly one of the most stylish monitors we’ve reviewed. It has a glossy black bezel and a circle-shaped stand. Disappointingly, it is not height adjustable, although it is wall mountable. Below the screen is a small chrome bar that houses the controls: six buttons, including a stylish, blue-backlit power button.
A glossy screen would normally be a negative point, but ASUS has equipped the LS221H with anti-reflection glass. In an office environment with bright florescent lighting it performed exceptionally well considering its glossy panel. Additionally, the glass surface is diamond cut and 9H hardness-rated for protection against damage. It certainly feels extremely sturdy and well built, and its horizontal and vertical viewing angles are reasonable.
The LS221H has a native resolution of 1680x1050. It has five image mode presets — standard, theatre, game, night view and scenery — and these are easily selected by pressing a mode button on the front panel. We found the standard mode to be best for day-to-day use such as word processing and Internet browsing. Text is reasonably accurate with little noise and no visible aberrations around the edges. You can adjust a number of image settings, including brightness, contrast, sharpness and saturation. Users can also switch between three skin tones and five colour temperature settings.
ASUS’ Splendid Video Intelligence Technology aims to automatically correct and adjust the monitor's image depending on what is displayed. Although it does a reasonable job the constant shifting can get a little frustrating; most users will prefer to adjust the settings themselves. The LS221H produced good results in our DisplayMate tests, with impressive detail in dark areas, helped by minimal reflection despite the glossy panel. There was slight backlight bleeding on dark screens, but it isn’t too noticeable and shouldn’t be cause for concern.
A 2ms response time means the LS221H is well suited for reproducing fast motion such as action movies or video games. When connected to a Blu-ray player via HDMI we found minimal ghosting. The same applied when connected to the Xbox 360 Elite. In some games and movies fine dark details did get lost and skin tones were a little oversaturated, but these are both minor issues.
Join the newsletter!
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Apple iPhone X
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Toys for Boys
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Xbox One X
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- AOC Unveils AG322QCX AGON Gaming Display Bolstered for Battle
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
- G-Sync HDR displays go ultrawide and ultra-fast with the 200Hz Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review: A port worthy of PC gaming's mightiest rigs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSolutions ArchitectsOther
- CCSenior Windows EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Client TechnologiesOther
- TPProject ManagerNSW
- FTMid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location)QLD
- FTMid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location)Other
- CCNetwork ArchitectVIC
- CCSystems Analyst / Consultant ? SAPQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst ManagerNSW
- FTMySQL Database Administrator- Meadowbank locationOther
- FTInfrastructure/ Hybrid Cloud Architect - Government OrganisationVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTService Desk CoordinatorVIC
- FTJunior Python Developer - TradingOther
- FTSenior Change ManagerOther
- FTCommunications ManagerOther
- FTCloud Solution ArchitectOther
- TPTest ManagerQLD
- FTPermanent .Net Developer roleACT
- FTProject Manager (Network & Security)Other
- FTProject ManagerOther
- FTDrupal DeveloperACT
- CCDelivery Lead - Process Transformation (Six Sigma) - Telco in Pennant HIllsNSW
- CCDevOps Engineer - AWS, Jenkins, GitVIC
- FTICT Cloud Transformation Program Coordinator - SAPOther