ASUS Internet Radio (AIR)
- Good sound quality, wide range of stations, excellent design
- No media streaming
The ASUS Internet Radio (AIR) is an excellent Internet radio with good sound and rock solid design.
Price$ 299.00 (AUD)
A mixture of retro and modern tech, the ASUS Internet Radio (AIR) uses your home network to access online radio stations from around the globe. Simple and easy to set up, the unit is like opening a door to the world, with music from local radio stations, as well as locations as far reaching as Africa, Brazil and even Liechtenstein. You can also tune in to stations you wouldn't think possible. We particularly enjoyed the Air Traffic Control chatter at JFK Airport in New York.
The ASUS Internet Radio can connect to the Internet using either a wired connection or a handy Wi-Fi option. Setting up the device is a breeze; using the on screen menu, all you need to do is select the wired or wireless option and fill in the details. A wired connection will automatically acquire an IP, but you will need to fill out a few extra details for the wireless connection, especially if you have a secure network.
The stations can be browsed by either genre or location. If you are in the mood for Jazz, there are a hundred jazz stations to choose from. Are you more of a rock metal fan, a fan of 1920s radio plays, fascinated by police scanners or into movie soundtracks? There are stations to cater for a diverse variety of tastes. Alternatively, you may just want to listen to music from a specific country or region of the world. The list of countries is extensive but not quite complete. While we regularly came across countries we never expected, our quest for music from the central African country of Chad left us bitterly unsatisfied.
Once you find a station that tickles your fancy you can add it to your favourites list. The first five favourites can be accessed using the five shortcut buttons on the front of the device which is an especially handy feature.
The sound quality via the integrated speaker is good at moderate levels, but tends to distort at higher levels with a marked degree of chassis resonance. However, if the speakers are not to your liking, there is also RCA audio-out ports on the rear and a headphone jack on the front of the device. There is also a 3.55mm auxiliary input jack on the rear to hook up external devices to the AIR, although the manual and the menus are not clear on how to pass the audio through.
The ASUS Internet radio is a great product and is on par with the extremely similar Noxon Noxon iRadio. However, this device is different in that it does not stream audio from a PC. All in all, this is an excellent device and will provide exciting, diverse and unlimited entertainment.
Join the newsletter!
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Toys for Boys
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Bose SoundLink Micro
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Xbox One X
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Foxtel Now's new streaming device launched weeks after TelstraTV
- Logitech announce new MX Sound speakers
- Telstra looks to solve 'Entertainment Exasperation' with new 4K Telstra TV
- Sonos reveals Sonos One, an Alexa-enabled speaker that will support AirPlay 2 and Google Assistant
- Bose Introduces Tiny New Bluetooth Speaker
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review: A port worthy of PC gaming's mightiest rigs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCJunior to mid-level - Business Analyst ? AgileNSW
- CCRecords AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Network EngineerVIC
- FTDigital Marketing Executive - PersonalisationOther
- FTChange Lead, SalesforceOther
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCLSS BPMN Process Improvement AnalystVIC
- FTPayments Solution DesignerNSW
- CCProject AnalystNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer - MULTIPLE ROLESQLD
- CCSecurity/ Penetration Test AnalystQLD
- FTPayments Business AnalystVIC
- FTCloud Architect - AWS, Azure, ADOther
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Project Controls Officer / CoordinatorOther
- FTOffice Manager | Start-up | Global Cloud ProviderVIC
- FTJunior Project ManagerACT
- CCSenior AngularJS DeveloperNSW
- FTITIL Service ManagementSA
- FTTechnical Product ArchitectQLD
- TPSolution Architect - Cloud InfrastructureQLD
- CCF5 Operational Support EngineerWA
- CCArchitect ? Office 365 MigrationQLD
- FTEcommerce Technical ManagerNSW