ASUS Fonepad Note FHD 6 Android phone (preview)
The Fonepad Note is a 6in Android smartphone that comes with a stylus
- Huge screen
- Dual speakers on front
- Included stylus
- Thicker and larger than Galaxy Note II
- No 4G connectivity
- No word on AU release
The ASUS Fonepad Note FHD 6 is a 6in Android smartphone that comes with a stylus and it's likely to compete directly with Samsung's Galaxy Note II.
Large smartphones seem to be as popular as ever and ASUS has just jumped into the game with the Fonepad Note FHD 6. It's a 6in Android smartphone that comes with a stylus and it's likely to compete directly with Samsung's Galaxy Note II.
ASUS yet hasn't released a full specifications sheet for the Fonepad Note, despite unveiling the device at the Computex trade show in Taipei. However, the Fonepad Note appears to be slightly larger and thicker than the Galaxy Note II. ASUS chairman Jonney Shih says the phone has an "incredible narrow frame" that will easily fit in a pocket but make no mistake — this is a very large smartphone.
The Fonepad Note comes with dual-stereo speakers that sit above and below its 6in screen and the back is finished in a glittery, white plastic. The device appears to come in a white model only, though we expect to see a black model released at some stage. A stylus is included with the Fonepad Note and it is stored in a compartment at the back of the phone, very similar to the Galaxy Note II.
ASUS has used a full HD Super IPS+ screen with a resolution of 1920x1080, so expect the Fonepad Note to display crisp text. The device is powered by a 1.6GHz Intel Atom Z2560 processor, has 2GB of RAM and comes with either 8GB or 16GB of internal memory. A microSD card slot allows users to expand the on-board storage.
Unfortunately, the Fonepad Note is not an LTE device, so it won't support 4G networks in Australia. The handset is a quad-band 3G smartphone that will work on all Australian 3G networks including Telstra, Optus and Vodafone.
Other features of the ASUS Fonepad Note include an 8-megapixel rear camera, a front-facing 1.2-megapixel camera for video calls and NFC connectivity. The phone runs Google's latest 4.2 "Jelly Bean" version of Android.
ASUS hasn't announced if or when the Fonepad Note FHD 6 will be launched in Australia, but we expect to see it in the coming months.
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Apple iPhone X
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
cloudandco Smart Cane
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Toys for Boys
Bose SoundLink Micro
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Xbox One X
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Fallout Geeki Tikis
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Sony Commences Android 8.0 Oreo Rollout in New Zealand Starting With Flagship Xperia XZ Premium Smartphone Device
- Qualcomm adds security, battery life features to phone chips
- Cygnett’s new wireless charging range has arrived
- Belkin Introduces USB-C 3.1 Express Dock HD
- Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10 Will Come To Australia
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ Review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FT.Net Technical / Team LeadOther
- FTSecurity Technical LeadOther
- CCTechnical Field EngineerNSW
- FTTransition ManagerOther
- FTPortfolio & Governance Senior AnalystVIC
- TPELearning and Change OfficerVIC
- FTJunior CRM Support AnalystOther
- FTCommunications ManagerOther
- TPProject OfficerACT
- CCSenior Project Manager x 2 (Infrastructure)NSW
- FTBlockchain DeveloperOther
- CCBusiness Intelligence SpecialistNSW
- CCAS400 Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- TPProject Manager - CRMQLD
- FTSenior Salesforce DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - GIS DrupalNSW
- CCSystems EngineerWA
- FTService Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTScrum MasterOther
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantNSW
- TPPrincipal Business Analyst - ServiceNow | ITSMQLD
- FTDesktop TechnicianSA
- FTIT Audit & BCM AnalystNSW
- FTSenior PHP Developer / Team LeadNSW
- FTSenior Finance AnalystOther