ASUS Extreme AX600XT/HTVD
- Overclocking utility
- No VGA port, not up to standard for modern games
A reasonable choice for those who need DVI on a non gaming machine
Price$ 1.00 (AUD)
The Extreme X600XT is based on the X600 XT chip and has 128MB of GDDR memory installed. Its default clock speeds of 500MHz for the GPU and 742MHz for the memory provided decent scores in Unreal Tournament 2003, but it did not produce adequate frame rates in Doom 3 above the 800x600 resolution setting. A large heat sink and relatively quiet fan cool the GPU, but the memory does not have any cooling devices, and Asus also ships the card with an overclocking utility that can run this card at a maximum GPU/memory clock speed of 550MHz/780MHz. We tested with these settings and experienced good stability and image quality, while noticing a three frame-per-second (fps) boost in Doom 3.
This card is one of the few we have seen which does not have a standard VGA port on its bracket, but instead has only a DVI port and a high definition (HDMI) port. It does ship with a DVI-VGA adapter so an analog monitor can be connected to it, and it also ships with component cables to make use of the high definition output. Because it does not have an analog VGA port, the card does not have the typical capability to be used in multiple monitor situations. Regular TV-out functions are supported via S-Video and composite cables and video-in functionality is also a feature of this card. Apart from high-end connectivity, a good software bundle is also supplied and includes such titles as Deus Ex: Invisible War, PowerDirector 3 and Medi@show.
If gaming is not your main focus, but you require high definition output, then this card is worth considering.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- First AMD Ryzen Desktop APUs Featuring World’s Most Powerful Graphics on a Desktop Processor
- MSI AM4 Motherboards are now ready for new AMD 2nd Generation Ryzen Desktop Processors
- Intel Xeon D-2100 set to enable new capabilities for cloud, network and service providers
- Samsung Advances SATA Line-up with 860 PRO and 860 EVO Solid State Drives
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By MadCatz
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Is My Smart Speaker Always Listening?
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Monster Hunter World review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCAutomation Engineer/ Linux DevOps EngineerQLD
- CCPython DeveloperVIC
- FTCyber Security AnalystOther
- FTCloud Systems EngineerOther
- CCFront-end DeveloperNSW
- CCPortfolio / Project CoordinatorQLD
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- TPProject Manager - Senior Application Specialist - HealthcareQLD
- CCSenior Test Analyst - Service Now - BrisbaneACT
- FTProblem ManagerSA
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTRail Program Manager, Fleet TransformationOther
- TPSoftware Asset Management Program ManagerNSW
- FTCloud Platform ArchitectOther
- CCProgram ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTHR Payroll Officer - Government background onlyOther
- CCProject Manager - Multiple Roles - TelcoVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Wealth & Fund Management ApplicationsOther
- CCScrum Master Lead - Online DigitalVIC
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- TPSenior Project ManagerWA
- FTApplications Solution ArchitectOther