Taking cybersecurity to the highest level and order now for a special discount on the world’s most awarded and trusted cybersecurity. Be aware without a care!
- Fast burning, great value
- Nothing of note
The ASUS DRW-1608p2s leads the field in speed and value
Price$ 79.00 (AUD)
If you are looking for fast dual-layer burning, then the buck stops with the ASUS DRW-1608P2S. It is the fastest double-layer and single-layer DVD burner we have had and it comes with support for every DVD and CD format.
The ASUS Double Dynamic Suspension System reduces vibration and controls resonant frequencies. This resulted in a high quality burn at the highest speed of 8x on a 2.4x DVD+DL disc. The ASUS over-speed burning immediately recognised our media and set it to 8x. It is the only DVD burner that has been able to burn 2.4x DVD-DL at 8x, allowing for a full 7.2GB to be burnt in 17 minutes, a rate of 7.05MBps. The DVD+R 4GB burn test with a 6x disc was burnt in 7.5 minutes, which was a little slower than other burners. However, ASUS claims you can burn an 8x DVD+R disc at speeds of up to 12x. We didnA¢i¿½i¿½t yield any speed increases using our 6x disc.
Buffer underrun problems have been eliminated by the introduction of FlextraLink technology, which continually monitors the buffer to prevent the creation of unusable discs. The burst rate was quite fast at 37MBps, producing a transfer speed to the hard disk of 16MBps..
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Nova 3e: P20 in a pinch
- 2 Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- 3 LG E8 OLED TV (2018) and SK10Y soundbar review: If you've been on the fence about OLED, now might be the time to jump it
- 4 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 5 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Synology Introduces DiskStation DS119j
- Seagate Unveils 14TB data storage portfolio
- QNAP introduces new affordable 3-bay 10GbE NAS
- Crucial launches BX500 SSD
- Crucial launch DDR4 2933 MT/s registered DIMMs
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Hands on with Huawei's Mate 20 Pro
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Oppo Find X: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies