Astone Xinc AV 512MB
- Small, easy-to-use, video playback
- Tiny screen, navigation can be tricky
A small screen and tricky navigation makes this tiny media player ideal for those with small hands, but difficult for the rest of us.
Price$ 279.00 (AUD)
The minuscule Astone Xinc AV measures a tiny 7x 4 x 2cm and weighs just 40g. Yet the size is deceptive; the small metallic and pearl-white unit has everything you would expect from a larger media player.
The Xinc AV player is compatible with common audio formats, including MP3, WMA and OGG, and video formats including MPEG-4, DivX and AVI. It can also handle JPEG photos and text files, and can serve as a mass storage device to help carry files around. An FM radio tuner is included, and it can record audio directly into WMA format. A navigation pad and basic set of buttons makes the small device relatively straightforward to operate, but it's tricky for those with big fingers.
We tested a 512MB model, but the device is also available in other capacities. All models feature internal batteries, which can be charged via a USB connection. We found battery life extended to about 12 hours in our tests.
The Xinc AV ships with a huge range of extras including a plastic cover, belt loop, USB adapter, headphones and cables.
The tiny, postage-stamp-size colour screen displays 262,000 colours. The display is clear and bright enough to view outside in sunny conditions, but the small dimensions make it difficult to watch movies. The audio quality is acceptable, but we detected some cracks and pops at high volumes.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTAutomation Test EngineerOther
- FTRobotic Process Automation DeveloperOther
- FTCloud Architect - AWS, Azure, ADOther
- CCAndroid developerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTAgile Delivery Project ManagerOther
- CCSenior Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTManager, Digital DeliveryOther
- FTCloud Solution ArchitectOther
- CCMobile Applications DeveloperQLD
- FTJunior Infrastructure EngineerACT
- FTSystem AnalystVIC
- FTSAP Test ManagerACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- TPProject ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Network Designer - Australian Citizenship RequiredOther
- TPTest AnalystSA
- FT.Net Developer- Active Baseline Clearance RequiredOther
- CCProject Implementation Support - Telecom IndustryVIC
- CCSystems EngineerWA
- CCSecurity/ Penetration Test AnalystQLD
- FTSystems/Business AnalystACT
- CCAutomation Designer (Solutions Architect) - Robotics (RPA) - SydneyNSW