Brought to you by Norton Symantec
Ashampoo UnInstaller 4
Ashampoo UnInstaller does more than its name suggests
- Lots of extra features
- Hefty price tag
The price tag is hefty, but there are enough extra features to justify it. Included is a registry cleaner, hard drive cleaner, hard drive defragmenter, disk scrubber, and a whole slew of other utilities, all full-featured and functional in their own right. If you don't need any of these, perhaps a cheaper and simpler program is better.
Price$ 81.99 (AUD)
Getting rid of a program is rarely as simple as using the default uninstallation routine. Only the best written programs will leave no trace; most leave behind orphaned files and registry keys. While minor at first, this damage can build up--especially if you're the type to try out many programs. Ashampoo UnInstaller 4 ($82) ensures that when you uninstall a program, absolutely everything is removed. This suite goes beyond its eponymous function, offering a toolkit of extra utilities to help keep your computer running smoothly.
This utility suite is similar to Windows System Restore, but with greater flexibility. Ashampoo UnInstaller takes a snapshot of your hard drive and registry immediately before and after a program is installed. Then it compares them and creates a log which details every change made. So, if you later choose to remove a program, Ashampoo UnInstaller knows exactly how to reverse the changes it made. The automatic installation detector is a little flaky, so it's better to initiate the change tracking yourself. However, this nuisance is small compared to the rewards.
With Ashampoo UnInstaller watching, I installed programs that included some pretty nasty spyware. Usually to get rid of such a program it's necessary to go through multiple uninstallations, a spyware sweep, and sometimes even an antivirus scan. But Ashampoo UnInstaller worked very well, clearing out each program and its malicious junk with one simple routine. This isn't Ashampoo UnInstaller's primary use--and it's certainly no excuse to skip your usual antimalware regimen--but this extra wall of defense allows you to be slightly less paranoid about installing new software.
The price tag is hefty, but there are enough extra features to justify it. Included is a registry cleaner, hard drive cleaner, hard drive defragmenter, disk scrubber, and a whole slew of other utilities, all full-featured and functional in their own right. If you don't need any of these, perhaps a cheaper and simpler program is better. (And if you're a PC novice, you may want to avoid the registry cleaner entirely; excessive registry scrubbing can harm your system.) But Ashampoo UnInstaller 4 is a solid software suite which will keep your computer squeaky clean.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- JBL take smart speakers back to the living room Link 300
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
PCW Evaluation Team
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
- ASUS ROG Zephyrus M review: Leaner and meaner
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- Picture Perfect: OPPO prepare their boldest smartphone yet
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTProject ManagerOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- TPDelivery ManagerACT
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTData EngineerOther
- FTNetwork Infrastructure Program ManagerOther
- CCOffice365 ProPlus SpecialistNSW
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- FTIT Program ManagerOther
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- TPWeb Content Publisher (VPS4/5) - Government sectorVIC
- FTSoftware Engineer (Java/AWS/NoSQL)Other
- TPSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTSecurity Operations Specialist (SIEM)Other
- FTSAP ABAP (CRM)/ UI5 DevelopersOther
- CCXamarin DeveloperNSW
- CCSCCM Application Packager - BrisbaneNSW
- FTJunior ServiceNow Technical AnalystOther
- FTSAP Ariba Project ManagerOther