Ashampoo PowerUp 3
All-in-one system optimiser Ashampoo PowerUp includes a slew of helpful utilities to make your PC perform faster.
- Good for power users
- Not great for tech novices
Power users will certainly welcome Ashampoo PowerUp, even if it doesn't offer as much advice for those with a less technical background.
Price$ 81.99 (AUD)
All-in-one system optimiser Ashampoo PowerUp includes a slew of helpful utilities to make your PC perform faster, including a Registry Cleaner, bootup optimiser, overall system tuneup tools, and features that customise how you access your network.
In addition to tuneup tools, Ashampoo PowerUp also has options for customising the way that Windows works. These include customising startup and shutdown, Windows logon, the Windows desktop; whether to use animation effects in Windows Vista; and even options for customising Vista's dreaded User Account Control (UAC).
All that is to the good, but Ashampoo PowerUp 3 is pointed more at power users than at less-experienced people looking to tune up their systems.
Ashampoo PowerUp doesn't include detailed advice and wizards - it shows you the options, describes what they do, and let you take it from there. A piece of software such as the identically priced TuneUp Utilities does a better job of not just analysing your system and showing you what it finds, but also of making recommendations, such as which programs to disable from automatic startup.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Dynabook Portégé X30W-J – a very good all-rounder
- 2 Google Pixel 5 Review: Soft Reboot
- 3 Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- 4 Samsung Galaxy Z Flip review: Killer form-factor, lethal price-tag
- 5 Oppo A5Xs review: Cutting corners
Latest News Articles
- Google adds a privacy-oriented Guest Mode to its Home and Nest smart speakers and displays
- Google smart displays get sticky notes for family members
- Optus to take the lag out of gaming
- Echo family reimagined, inside and out
- Google smart displays now let you take charge of multi-room audio
PCW Evaluation Team
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Google Pixel 5 Review: Soft Reboot
- How the Xbox Series X (and xCloud) saved me from buying a gaming PC
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies