Aqua Eagle Multi-Photo Email
This well designed iPhone app fills a functionality gap in Apple's smartphone.
- Attractive interface, extremely easy process, fast, completely independent from Mail client
- SMTP test occasionally crashes app
Multi-Photo Email fills a gap in the iPhone's functionality. It's one of the most polished and well developed apps available.
Price$ 1.19 (AUD)
Backing up or transferring photos off an iPhone can be an arduous task, particularly when there is no sync cable in sight. In these situations users are often forced to e-mail the photos to themselves or a friend one by one. Aqua Eagle's Multi-Photo Email addresses this issue.
The application employs a user interface that looks like a template from one of Apple's iLife applications, featuring a woodgrain background and very iPhone-esque buttons. The interface is attractive — increasingly uncommon among most of the App Store's inhabitants — and easy to navigate.
Multi-Photo Email is independent of the core Mail client. Users simply have to choose from a list of SMTP servers — Gmail, MobileMe, AOL are preconfigured or users can manually add their own — and provide login details for their account. Once completed, Multi-Photo Email is able to interact directly with the SMTP server without involving iPhone's Mail client.
Multi-Photo Email insists on performing an SMTP test once the server settings have been entered. This crashes the application to the Home Screen; fortunately, the SMTP settings are saved prior to testing, so users aren't stuck in an endless series of crashes.
Using the application is as simple as hitting Add Photos and choosing as many photos as you wish (we added more than 50 with no problem) from the iPhone's photo library, regardless of whether the photos are situated in the Camera Roll or other folders. The photos appear in the main interface as large thumbnails, and users can delete them at will.
Once the photos are chosen, the app guides the user through the process of sending the photos to one or more recipients. Users can input custom subject and body text, or set default text for quick e-mailing. The application then displays the progress and notifies the user once completed. The entire process is quick and pain-free, and much easier than using the iPhone's own Mail client.
Of course, as the number of photos increases, so does the size of the email, the amount of data being used (over Wi-Fi and 3G) and the time it will take to send. Aqua Eagle's Multi-Photo Email addresses these issues by offering a Reduce Image Size option and a customisable JPEG Image Quality setting. The Reduce Image Size had no apparent effect on photos, but the image quality setting successfully reduced file size.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Windows 10 S will not run Linux, even though it's a downloadable Windows app
- The Windows 10 Game Bar: What PC gamers need to know
- Microsoft redesigns OneNote UI to make it more universally accessible
- Windows 10 Insider build 16199 fills some holes in the Creators Update
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSecurity ConsultantACT
- TPJunior Node.js DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business Development Manager| SMSF/Accounting SoftwareNSW
- CCPega DeveloperWA
- FTSoftware Development ManagerACT
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- CCPega DeveloperACT
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerACT
- TPSenior Web DeveloperQLD
- FTLevel 2 Desktop SupportACT
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- FTData Analyst - 12 months Fixed Term ContractVIC
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTGraphics Designer / UI DesignerQLD
- FTSenior Front End Developer - BRISBANENSW
- FTProject Manager / Web DeveloperVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- CCProject Manager - Salesforce ImplementationVIC
- FTIT Field Services ManagerNSW