Apple iPod Photo
- Colour screen, good battery life
The Apple iPod Photo is an elegant but pricey way to tote around your favorite photos as well as your music.
Price$ 499.00 (AUD)
Carrying a wallet full of pictures around with you is so last year. Apple's iPod Photo makes looking at your most beloved pictures while on the go as easy as listening to your favorite tunes. But it isn't cheap.
This iPod variant is the first in Apple's line of digital audio players to feature a colour screen. The 2", 65,000-colour display is beautiful and crisp, though a bit small for viewing photos. It can also display tiny versions of album art while music plays.
You load photos in the same way that you would load music, via iTunes 4.7 software. Scrolling through thumbnails--even hundreds of them--is lightning fast. You can choose to look at a single photo, scroll through photos manually, or start a slide show. The Slideshow Settings menu lets you specify, among other things, how long each slide displays, as well as a playlist to aurally accompany the slide show. An included cable gives you the option of plugging the unit into a TV's RCA jacks for big-screen viewing.
In spite of the iPod Photo's colour screen, Apple managed to improve the unit's battery life over the standard iPod. I squeezed nearly 14 hours of listening and viewing pleasure out of one charge (that's up from about 12 hours of run-time on current fourth-generation monochrome iPods). The price may be steep, but the iPod Photo won me over with its gorgeous colour screen and high-quality audio. Now instead of suffering through 40 minutes on the treadmill while staring at the calorie counter, I can pass the time looking at my favorite pictures.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- TPProgramme SupportACT
- FTLand Access Coordinator / Lead - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTWorkforce Planning AnalystOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- TPSharepoint AdministratorQLD
- FTTechnical Delivery ManagerNSW
- CCInformation Security Consultant - BrisbaneNSW
- CCDatabase Administrator - BrisbaneNSW
- CCAWS DevOps Engineer - BrisbaneVIC
- CCTest Data Management AnalystACT
- CCSenior Network DesignerVIC
- FTCustomer Support OfficerSA
- FTDeployment Project CoordinatorOther
- TPPenetration TesterQLD
- CCIntegration SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - InfrastructureVIC
- FTNetwork Designer - Telecommunications - UrgentOther
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCSalesforce Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior IT Domain SpecialistVIC
- CCDevOps Consultant - BrisbaneVIC
- FTSenior Unica DeveloperOther
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTDeputy Chief Engineer - Defence Systems - IT Services - Sydney BasedNSW