Apple iPod Photo
- Colour screen, good battery life
The Apple iPod Photo is an elegant but pricey way to tote around your favorite photos as well as your music.
Price$ 499.00 (AUD)
Carrying a wallet full of pictures around with you is so last year. Apple's iPod Photo makes looking at your most beloved pictures while on the go as easy as listening to your favorite tunes. But it isn't cheap.
This iPod variant is the first in Apple's line of digital audio players to feature a colour screen. The 2", 65,000-colour display is beautiful and crisp, though a bit small for viewing photos. It can also display tiny versions of album art while music plays.
You load photos in the same way that you would load music, via iTunes 4.7 software. Scrolling through thumbnails--even hundreds of them--is lightning fast. You can choose to look at a single photo, scroll through photos manually, or start a slide show. The Slideshow Settings menu lets you specify, among other things, how long each slide displays, as well as a playlist to aurally accompany the slide show. An included cable gives you the option of plugging the unit into a TV's RCA jacks for big-screen viewing.
In spite of the iPod Photo's colour screen, Apple managed to improve the unit's battery life over the standard iPod. I squeezed nearly 14 hours of listening and viewing pleasure out of one charge (that's up from about 12 hours of run-time on current fourth-generation monochrome iPods). The price may be steep, but the iPod Photo won me over with its gorgeous colour screen and high-quality audio. Now instead of suffering through 40 minutes on the treadmill while staring at the calorie counter, I can pass the time looking at my favorite pictures.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Is My Smart Speaker Always Listening?
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTService Desk Analyst (Level 1) - Sydney West (Urgent)Other
- CCLevel 1 / 2 Desktop SupportQLD
- FTManager - Technical OperationsQLD
- FTCustomer Service ConsultantOther
- FT.NET Integration Lead Developer - Australian Citizens onlyOther
- FTRecruitment CoordinatorOther
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- TPDNS Security SpecialistVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectWA
- FTXamarin DeveloperOther
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- TPCloud EngineerNSW
- CCInfoSphere SpecialistACT
- FTTM1 Business Systems AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Strategy Analyst - Financial Services - Based in BrisbaneVIC
- CCSenior Change ManagerNSW
- FTUI / UX Junior AnalystNSW
- CCDelivery Manager - Cloud Solution ProjectNSW
- CCMulesoft Integration Software DeveloperQLD
- FTOnsite Support Engineer (sys admin)Other
- FT1st Level Technical SupportVIC
- CCFull-Stack DeveloperQLD
- CCBusiness Intelligence Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- FTChange AnalystOther
- TPSAP Project ManagerQLD