Apple iLife 08
- In iPhoto, Events organises photos for you; GarageBand gives you the ability to record multiple takes within a specific marked section of a song; iWeb '08 has the ability to add 'widgets' to your Web pages; iWeb '08 is both versatile and impressively easy to use
- iMovie looks more crowded and complicated than before; iMovie isn't user-friendly; there is nothing genuinely new about iDVD
On the whole, we have very few criticisms of iLife. As ever, it represents superb value for money and the new versions of iPhoto, GarageBand and even iWeb are impressive (barring a few iWeb glitches of which you need to be aware). Even the minor upgrade to iDVD is worth having. iMovie '08, however, sticks out like a sore thumb. It may indeed offer a new approach to video-editing, but that doesn't alter the fact that -- in its current form, at least -- it simply isn't ready to act as a replacement for iMovie '06. Hopefully future iterations of this program will bring it up to scratch -- and at least it doesn't erase the old version when you install it.
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
iDVD is boring
Looking at the new iMovie and iWeb -- not to mention products such as Apple TV -- it's obvious that Apple is now focusing on enabling us to get involved in Web 2.0-style creation -- using the Internet for sharing and viewing video, rather than burning videos onto something as quaint and old-fashioned as a DVD disk. As a result, iDVD has rather been somewhat overlooked this time around.
The one key improvement is the program's performance -- it definitely feels faster and more responsive when editing or previewing your DVDs, even on a humble Mac mini. Apple also says that it has improved the program's video processing to provide professional level video quality.
There are some new themes and buttons for designing your DVD menus, and the Drop Zone Editor has been tidied up so that you can add multiple pictures or video clips to your menus more quickly. But that's about it -- the improved performance is welcome, but there's nothing genuinely new in here. Which is a shame.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Trend Micro Strengthens its Security Offerings in Trend Micro Security
- Billions of devices at risk as Bluetooth-bourne vulnerability exposed
- Here's the Apple macOS High Sierra release date
- Adobe and Microsoft expand productivity partnership
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSAP FICO ConsultantOther
- FTBatch support specialistVIC
- TPProject Manager - Information ManagementVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - InfrastructureVIC
- FTSAP BW/BI DeveloperVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Enterprise VoiceWA
- FTSenior BA Wealth ADVICEOther
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- TPProject Manager - Network, Security and Wi-FiQLD
- FTBusiness Development Manager Consulting ITQLD
- FTInfrastructure/Cloud Architect - Government OrganisationVIC
- CCPortfolio ManagerNSW
- TPDatabase AdmininstratorACT
- TPDevOps EngineerQLD
- TPProject ManagerACT
- FTDigital Reporting AnalystOther
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW
- TPSenior Security Consultant - WirelessNSW
- FTTechnical Lead / Senior Network EngineerOther
- FTSenior Wintel EngineerOther
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Network Consultant / Junior ArchitectVIC
- FTRelease Coordinator - Fixed TermOther