Apple 30-inch Cinema HD Display
- Mammoth screen size, high native resolution (2560 x 1600), sleek design, compelling display qualities
- Short warranty
An amazing viewing experience.
Price$ 2,798.00 (AUD)
With an optimum resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels, users will be astounded by the amount of available desktop real-estate the Apple 30" Cinema Display affords. Having the ability to view three maximised Web pages and a plethora of other applications at once is just one of the pleasures of a 30" display.
The Apple's enclosure is minimalist in its design, with a thin silver bezel around the edges, and no extrusions or labelling. There are three recessed buttons on the right edge: two brightness controls and a power button. At the back of the monitor, there is a discreet USB and FireWire hub, with two ports of each variety. The panel is supported by a desktop stand that can be removed for wall-mounting the display (the wall mount is an optional accessory).
Installing the panel is as easy as plugging in power and connecting to your computer. Only the higher-end video cards can support the full resolution of the LCD. If you plan on running 3D-intensive games, note that running in resolutions lower than the native screen resolution would result in the effects of a scaled picture. To run a game at the screen's optimum resolution (2560 x 1600), the video card requirements would be along the lines of an Nvidia 6800GT, which could add a significant amount to your overall bill.
Using Apple's 30" display was a unique experience; the display quality was almost perfect in terms of colour reproduction, contrast ratio (400:1) and response rate (16ms). The viewing angle was exceptional at angles of up to 170 degrees on both the X and Y axis, exhibiting little to no colour shift. The Cinema HD Display lives up to its specifications.
Simply put, Apple's 30" Cinema HD Display panel is one of the best display's we have reviewed. Of course, these types of specifications come at a price, and the RRP of the display will deter many consumers. We're also concerned by the limited one-year warranty, as other manufacturers have been known to provide up to three years' warranty on LCDs.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
- G-Sync HDR displays go ultrawide and ultra-fast with the 200Hz Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ
- Dell's luscious new 4K monitor is bold, bright, and HDR-infused
- Samsung's 49-inch mega-wide display may displace multi-monitor setups
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- TPChange Delivery Officer / PMOQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Master Data Officer- SAP , VLookup, Pivot, FinanceOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst – Office 365 ProjectOther
- FTRegional Market Manager - Wide Bay RegionQLD
- FTProcess Specialist (Continuous Improvement)Other
- FTUnix/AIX AdministratorOther
- CCSolutions Architect - SharepointQLD
- TPSenior .Net Developer - 6 months contractQLD
- FTSolutions ArchitectsOther
- FTINTEGRATION DEVELOPERSA
- FTOffice 365 SMEOther
- FTApplication Security Specialist - penetration testing requiredOther
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCeLearning DeveloperACT
- TPBusiness Process Flow AnalystNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Development DBA - OracleNSW
- FTUX Designer | Mobile App | Initial 6 Month ContractOther
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Software EngineerNSW
- FTSenior SAP Training LeadOther