Apple 30-inch Cinema HD Display
- Mammoth screen size, high native resolution (2560 x 1600), sleek design, compelling display qualities
- Short warranty
An amazing viewing experience.
Price$ 2,798.00 (AUD)
With an optimum resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels, users will be astounded by the amount of available desktop real-estate the Apple 30" Cinema Display affords. Having the ability to view three maximised Web pages and a plethora of other applications at once is just one of the pleasures of a 30" display.
The Apple's enclosure is minimalist in its design, with a thin silver bezel around the edges, and no extrusions or labelling. There are three recessed buttons on the right edge: two brightness controls and a power button. At the back of the monitor, there is a discreet USB and FireWire hub, with two ports of each variety. The panel is supported by a desktop stand that can be removed for wall-mounting the display (the wall mount is an optional accessory).
Installing the panel is as easy as plugging in power and connecting to your computer. Only the higher-end video cards can support the full resolution of the LCD. If you plan on running 3D-intensive games, note that running in resolutions lower than the native screen resolution would result in the effects of a scaled picture. To run a game at the screen's optimum resolution (2560 x 1600), the video card requirements would be along the lines of an Nvidia 6800GT, which could add a significant amount to your overall bill.
Using Apple's 30" display was a unique experience; the display quality was almost perfect in terms of colour reproduction, contrast ratio (400:1) and response rate (16ms). The viewing angle was exceptional at angles of up to 170 degrees on both the X and Y axis, exhibiting little to no colour shift. The Cinema HD Display lives up to its specifications.
Simply put, Apple's 30" Cinema HD Display panel is one of the best display's we have reviewed. Of course, these types of specifications come at a price, and the RRP of the display will deter many consumers. We're also concerned by the limited one-year warranty, as other manufacturers have been known to provide up to three years' warranty on LCDs.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
- G-Sync HDR displays go ultrawide and ultra-fast with the 200Hz Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ
- Dell's luscious new 4K monitor is bold, bright, and HDR-infused
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTEAI DeveloperACT
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCService Delivery Coordinator - TelcoVIC
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- FTIteration Manager / Scrum Master - DigitalOther
- FTData Centre ManagerOther
- FTCloud Infrastructure Architect - Townsville Location - PermQLD
- FTSitecore DeveloperOther
- CCMobile Applications Developer (Brisbane)NSW
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTPermanent Project SchedulerACT
- TPNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- TPDeployment Analyst - Office 2016 rolloutVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer - Firewalls (Juniper )Other
- CCSalesforce Business AnalystNSW
- FTICT Deployment Engineer / Field Service TechnicianQLD
- CCTechnical Writer - Based in BrisbaneNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- FTexecutive OfficerOther
- CCSolution Engineer - RF/HFC - TelcoVIC